jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Why YOU should do the challenge

1. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 5 years ago

The last challenge I participated in (and stuck to) doubled my traffic here on HubPages. Even when Panda started, my traffic increased (but, sadly not to the heights it would have if the Panda hadn't attacked us.)

Nuff said! Enjoy your hub challenges! I'll be doing it again soon!

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

AND... Your Point Is?  hmm

Because there ain't one in your post! sad

1. melbel profile image93
        melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The point is that it's a great way to get more traffic for those of us who are feeling the Panda slump. smile Just posting this for some encouragement. smile

I definitely only do the challenge when I'm feeling up for it, too. There are so many times where I just don't have it in me to write a bunch of hubs.

Denise, I've totally failed at the hubchallenge once or twice, but it's always nice that there are no penalties. smile

2. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Horses for courses I guess melbel. smile I have never competed here in any of the hub challenges.

I prefer not to write unless I feel the need to.
    Often I don't feel the need to. smile

3. Spirit Whisperer profile image85
    Spirit Whispererposted 5 years ago

I agree with earnesthub and that is the reason I have never competed. Having the freedom to write when you wish to is a privilege I value.

4. annmackiemiller profile image84
    annmackiemillerposted 5 years ago

I don't see it as competing, more as encouraging each other

5. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

I do the hubchallenge as a means to motivate myself to write.  But, other than the January hubchallenge, I have quite successfully failed twice.  smile   REason?  I am taking a laid back attitude about it.  Can I do it? Yes, I can.  Do I wish to-you bet!  Will I succeed?  Maybe so.  And, if I don't -no penalties.  smile

6. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I've done four hub challenges at last count and found each one helped me gain traffic without over-analyzing my current stats, as well as learn to write faster and monetize better.

7. kohuether profile image79
    kohuetherposted 5 years ago

Thank you for the words of encouragement! It is nice to see that people do get results from setting goals like this. I am trying to write as many high quality hubs as possible so I can reach my financial goals sooner than later!

1. Bianu profile image61
      Bianuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Only 62 hubs in four long years !! You encourage me