Like it or not Write I'm Hubbing It

1. Abornewords profile image61
    Abornewordsposted 5 years ago

Writing about things you feel passionate about is what makes up useful material because it's what you know, believe in, or the things that inspire your creativity.  That's what eventually end up being most valuable to other people, and it could actually help someone.  Tell me what your approach is when you choose a topic.

1. mskills profile image90
      mskillsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are absolutely correct about passion being a prerequisite for writing valuable content.  While I enjoy a multitude of media and activities, I made a decision early on not to stumble around in choosing my next hub's topic.  Nothing kills my creative groove more than aimlessness.

Therefore, I've chosen to write the majority of my hubs on product and service reviews.  While editorials, how-to articles, and creative writing are also excellent choices for hubs, I have a huge backlog of items I wish to review and the format is a good fit for my style.

Having decided to write mostly reviews, I tightened the focus even more by limiting it to topics related to money, music, and games.  I'm extremely passionate about all three of these topics, and there is no end in sight to the number of reviews to write about.   

I have a text document stored in Google Docs that I update with products and services that I'm planning on reviewing soon.  So, when I'm finally ready to sit down and write, I'll browse through it and choose the one I'm feeling inclined to review at that moment.  Sometimes, I'll make mental notes throughout the day on potential headings and the intro so that I'm "on fire" by the time I start writing.

99.99% of the time, this is how I choose my hub topics.