jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

How do you get over....

1. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Having a wonderful holiday in a tropical country and spending 2 weeks with a beautiful girl you will probably never get to see again? then returning to your dull lifeless country lol hmm

1. Anne Oddity profile image61
      Anne Oddityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Go back and get the girl! Dooo it.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image84
        BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You don't get over it Richie, you put it with the rest of your memories and keep bringing it out occasionally. Work hard for the next 12 months and do it all again, next time with a different girl.

2. emievil profile image84
        emievilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So that's where you've been to. Maybe you can move to that country big_smile.

Edit: I assume that your new pic was taken in that country?

2. Richieb799 profile image65

Yes it was in Thailand Emievil, I want to go again but its sad when you have to say goodbye! she wasn't allowed in the taxi and we just drove off and waved.. I don't know whether to ring her or just leave it

1. emievil profile image84
        emievilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

She wasn't allowed in the taxi?

The romantic in me wants to say go ahead and call her. But the practical side, well it's going to be costly if you try to maintain a long distance relationship. whatever you do, good luck.

3. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

My theory has always been that for every day away from work (and being somewhere that's so much better) it takes one day to get used to being back in the old, less-than fun, routine.  One day away - you have to put in one "unmotivated" day before getting back into the swing.  Fourteen days away, fourteen days' worth of having to get used to being there again.   smile   Just my theory, of course, but I think a good part of June will involve a lot of time-wasting/unmotivating days for you.  (See?  This is why I so rarely ever take a vacation!!    lol)

Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just phoned my Thai girlfriend from the UK on my cell phone, think I got about 5 minutes for about £4 lol.. I just wanted to make sure she was OK..a long term is not an option really

4. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Kind of sad, I guess.  BUT, you could either quit the job you're never going to like again (now that you've had that great vacation and "etc."), and go start a new life with the girlfriend; or else just tell yourself she was going to turn mean and nasty once she got to know you better, and be glad you nipped that potentially disastrous relationship in the bud before those, and all kinds of other awful things began to ruin it.  lol

5. Richieb799 profile image65

I just spoken to my Pattaya girl on the phone again, I think shes in love lol, I'm meeting her on Skype in 30 minutes if she figures out how to set up an account lol, I want to live in Thailand lol :cry:

1. wheelinallover profile image81
        wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The internet makes the world a much smaller place Rich, its been my experience that long distance relationships take a toll on anyone but teens with crushes.
        There are many trade offs you have to make in long distance relationships unless you have more money than you know what to do with. I used to know people who did, but for the most part now, the people I know are making it but don't have thousands to throw at anything.
        My advice is think, think and think again. If it's worth what your going to have to give up, go for it but not without thinking it totally though.

Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I know its not realistic, but I think dreaming for a while helps to ease you back into reality lol

1. profile image0
            Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You have to  remember, Richieb, that all recreational, holiday romances cannot be taken seriously. Too seriously. Just a friendly reminder. big_smile

working