jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Confusion about signing up for Adsense

1. Melovy profile image96
    Melovyposted 5 years ago

i know it’s supposed to be very easy to sign up for Adsense, but I’m not sure if I’ve made a mistake somewhere in the process, so will be grateful if anyone can shed any light. I signed up after I posted my first Hub 6 days ago and the status on my account page reads Active, but I haven’t had the follow up e-mail Google says usually takes 2 -3 days and no ads have appeared. I have not the a pin number either.

When I signed up I was not asked at any point to provide account information for payment as I was when I signed up for Hubpages Ads and Amazon. Does this mean I have missed something on the sign-up process or does this come later with Google?

Also, I have not had any ads placed after completing the Hubpages Ad program about 12 hours ago, although that says it should happen within an hour. Is this dependent on the status of the Adsense account?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

You are mistaken about there being no ads on your hubs. Unless you have manually disabled ads, or moderators have turned off ads and notified you, AdSense ads are automatically shown on your hubs - this regardless of whether or not you have an active AdSense account.

I checked, and your hubs do have ads. You probably have an ad blocker, antivirus program, or something else blocking the ads from your view.

1. Melovy profile image96
      Melovyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Website Examiner,
      Thanks very much for letting me know this. The one thing that never occurred to me was that I might not be able to see my own ads. I am not aware that I have an ad blocker on my computer, but a quick look through a few hubpages and all I have found are Amazon and ebay ads so maybe I’ll have to investigate! (or more likely get my husband to do it as he more computer savvy than I am!)
      Thanks very much for taking the time to check this out for me.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Melovy, no problem, glad to help. You are not the first person to experience this peculiar situation. At least the ads are up and running.