jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Ezine Still Worth Using?

1. Garrett Mickley profile image80
    Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago

I've been using Ezine for years for interlinking things, but recently they've been so strict that they're turning away articles for reasons that aren't true. One such reason is grammar.  My grammar is fine, thank you. I may not be writing college term papers over here, but I like to think my grammar is acceptable for an article submission site.  After all, no other site has had an issue.  I've certainly never been insulted on a forum for lack of grammar.

Another common reason I get turned around is that the article body doesn't fulfill the promise in the title.  That doesn't make sense to me. If the title is "What To Look For In Webhosting" and then I go on to talk about the things that a webhost should provide, how does the title not relate?  That's an actual example of one that I had.

A third one that's less common but I've gotten more than once was something along the lines of "Article does not contain enough unique or informative content."  An example of one was "The History Of BMW" and then the article went on to tell the history of BMW.  It was unique, nothing was copy and pasted, and I didn't sit down and look at a history and rewrite it.  It was completely written from scratch.

Ezine rarely replies to my support requests with anything useful.  I've had my account dropped from Platinum to Basic Plus because of repeated turn-downs even though I've sent multiple support requests for each turned around one asking why it was turned around when it makes perfect sense to me.

TOO LONG DIDN'T READ: Is anyone else having issues with Ezine?  Has anyone decided it's not worth their time anymore?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

EzineArticles was hit by Panda just like HubPages. I wonder if they're having a similar panic reaction?

As you know, the only real point of writing on EA is so that other website owners will use your articles on their sites, so your links will spread all over the net.  Unfortunately, these days too many of them use software to do that, and deliberately strip out the links - so it's pointless.

I wrote two or three articles there, enough to get one backlink to each of my websites from EA.  Otherwise, I can't see the point in writing for a free site when there are so many paid sites to write on.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

I stopped submitting on Ezines. First there was no money involved in it, I knew that from the beginning, but used as back links. Second I started running into the same issues that you are now. Finally I decided that I was not worth the effort.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I rarely use eZine anymore, I occasionally use it for an easy backlink, but as it becoems ;ess 'easy' it might be worth a little less.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I also agree with Marisa, I recently sent out a batch of 200 DMCA's to the hosts of people who had used one of my articles without leaving in the relevant links. 

I also advised the hosts that these people were comitting massive levels of copyright infringement by doing this with thousands of articles.

5. Garrett Mickley profile image80
    Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago

Thanks for your input, everyone!

6. 59
    FStevensposted 5 years ago

I find Ezine more effort than it's worth, always having to change titles for the most pernickety of reasons! With all the other sites out there I'm not sure they're worth the bother...

7. smanty profile image71
    smantyposted 5 years ago

I had signed up for ezine a while ago, but as I read around on the site, I realized there were to many poorly written articles. A lot of the content on the site, I feel, is bringing the site down.

I try to submit articles to Triond.com for backlinking and interlinking articles.

8. marcinsarasota profile image59
    marcinsarasotaposted 5 years ago

I've recently had a few articles turned down for silly reasons. A few of them were because the article body doesn't fulfill the promise in the title. I reworked the title several times on one article and they just would not budge. I ended deleting the article and placed it somewhere else.

I do appreciate them having standards. Some of these other article sites will let in just any old crap.

I am questioning the quality of the links. I'm not sure if it is worth it.

9. apartmentsinminsk profile image71
    apartmentsinminskposted 3 years ago

I have had the same issues with EA..Maybe later I will try this website one more time..No now..Time is money