jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Edit Issue

1. My Stories profile image60
    My Storiesposted 5 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am having a bit of a problem.  I am new to this and was doing well until today.  I am trying to edit my hub and it is doing something strange.  I write my work and then paste it in the capsule.  It looks fine on the word doc page, but when I copy it into the capsule it puts together two words and will not let me edit. I deleted the capsule and started over and it does the same thing.  The words are fine on one page and in the capsule it just will not act right.  Can someone lead me in the right direction so I can fix this? 

Thank you.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It may be a so-called glitch, or it may be because of the text you are importing.

You could try different browsers, since some (Firefox, Chrome) tend to handle things better than others on HubPages. Yet, if it is a glitch, the issue could pass once the technicians get it fixed.

If it is a matter of code (hidden code from your word processor), you can try to paste the text into a plain text (.txt) file, then copy and paste that into the capsule. This process will strip off any hidden code that may be causing issues.

Finally, a hub can be corrupted, in which case deleting it and starting over may be the best solution.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Same here lol trying to fix a broken link and couldn't do anything in the Edit mode. tongue hoping it's just a glitch but will try another browser or later smile

4. My Stories profile image60

I tried again and it still would not let me edit and then the page went kind of blackish and I had to exit webpage and get back in.  It said there is an issue with webpage.  So I am assuming hubpages is having some problems with the editor.  I guess I have to wait, to fix one little problem. sad

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess you do.

5. My Stories profile image60

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB5; FunWebProducts; Comcast Install 1.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 01:08:28 UTC

Line: 4964
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://hubpages.com/s/editor20614.js