jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you / I...?

1. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 5 years ago

Since my busy season ended last April 15, I've been feeling kinda down and bored. I'm not inspired to write hubs or blogs or anything like that. I'm not inspired to work and I just spend the whole day doing almost nothing. I know I feel like this like every June of every year but this is the first time that this feeling lasted this long.

So how do I get out of this?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image87
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think your mindset needs to change. You associate the end of your working time, mid April as the time to wind down and relax. You tell yourself that your work is finished so how can you possibly start to write quality hubs.
      We all need to recharge our batteries from time to time, that's why holidays are so important to most families.
      I think you need to say to yourself i will take two weeks off until the beginning of May and then I will resume my writing. This will have a positive effect on you and give you a dead line as to how long you have "off" from work before you restart.

What I would do now, is say to yourself next Monday I will get up and do some keyword research for 4 hours.
      Next Tues I will draft my hub using what I have found, and so on, each day giving yourself something to work towards.
      Best of luck to you.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

My only advice would be to change your view. It could be that you're exhausted from all the work you've done, which could have been a negative experience, as a whole.

Try to find something to change your view. Anything positive should do the trick. smile

3. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 5 years ago

Well, actually, I'm thinking of a very drastic change like dropping my work right now and finding another smile.