jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hub pages ad program - page views an impressions

1. Jaymighty2 profile image60
    Jaymighty2posted 5 years ago

Hello people of hub pages

My impression history isn't the same as my page views if i look at the 7 days history in My earnings for the ad program it says I have 0 impressions.

but on my statistics my page views are 8 but its been like this since about the 1st june when there was a problem with the data being updated.

Every day it's said I have no impressions but my statistics show I've had page views.

is there a reason for this?

do the hub page ads appear on every page view? i just assumed they did

Thanks ladies and gents

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Your share of adverts show 60% of the time but when those impressions are can vary. It doesn't just go, HP, HP, HP, HP, then You, You, You etc... so with only 8 views it's very possible that you haven't had impressions.

3. Jaymighty2 profile image60
    Jaymighty2posted 5 years ago

what do you mean by

"It doesn't just go, HP, HP, HP, HP, then You, You, You etc... "

I'm a little bit confused
    thanks for the reply by the way big_smile

I know it isn't major views but since about 31st may i'd make a rough estimate of about 25-35 views and haven't earned anything at all

4. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I also don't understand how this works. I understand the 60-40 split, but my impressions are always far less than 60% of the views I get, more like 30%.

I wish there was more transparency with HP Ads.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When you right-click on a Hubpage and view source, how can you tell whose ID is showing at any given time? What specific line tells you whose ID is in place?

5. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
    Marina Lazarevicposted 5 years ago

Hi all -
    Perhaps this FAQ entry could help answer this question: http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-paid-impressions