jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

RSS: yes, no maybe, what? can we or can't we?

1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

My RSS is doing the hokey cokey! put your left one in, your right one out, in out, in out shake it all about.....! sorry, got carried away. Can someone please tell me if we can or can't put our RSS into our hubs? In the tutorials it says we can, then I read that we can't. Then I see someone with theirs on their hub, and put mine in. Then someone else says, so and so has left because they had to remove all their RSS and got peed off with it! and so on and on and on.........Help! please before I go off my rocker!

1. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You gave me a good laugh this morning with the hokey pokey, thanks!  Website Examiner is correct; you are more than welcome to use the RSS capsule, but the links must be relevant to your Hub's contents.  Have a great day!  BTW, I might come back and get you for having the hokey pokey stuck in my head all day.  I can just hear my kids now, "Mom, will you please stop!"  big_smile  big_smile

Nell Roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Robin, now are we ready?! one two three, ya put ya left leg in, your right leg out, in out in out and shake it all about, hee hee!

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

A you sure you are okay?

Don't worry, I was just trying get the song stuck in Robins head! I am fine, at least I think I am...!

1. profile image0
              Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When you put it on YouTube, keep us posted.

With my voice, I can empty a room within ten seconds! it's a great little technique when I want to have some space for myself! I just start warbling away.

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

RSS Feeds Must fit with the topic of the hub, not just a random newsfeed.

I have a blog where I review Android Apps, so I put that blog's RSS feed into all of my Android OS related hubs.

2. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

The answer really is Quite Simple Nell...
    Ask yourself this: "What Makes Perfect SEO Sense Under the current climate?"

Good.. Now that you have worked that out... To be completely in line with HP's preferred stance...... You must:

- Do The Exact Opposite! roll

Thought so! lol

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

These days, a custom RSS feed that is made to be relevant to the hub's contents is a safe bet. "Latest," "hot" and so on are not.

Gotcha, better go and re do some of them! thanks

4. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

I don't fool with them anymore as I never saw any increase in views because of them.  smile

Hi, I know what you mean, I may have to go and kidnap a few people to come and read my hubs! what do you think? ha ha

5. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 5 years ago

Argh!  How could you??  I'm in so much trouble, Nell!  WE, I'm definitely not okay!  Sounds like Nell's not either.  big_smile  I'm off for a bit;  have to get ready for our second daughter's preschool graduation!  I'll be singing the hokey pokey all the way there.  big_smile

I'm fine, just one of those mad days! lol or maybe I am going mad, not sure! still it helps sometimes..!

6. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Lol lol we could do with a little bit of fun ..  all these problems are making people glum smile

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh Sofs... Surely Not... roll

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

roll ???????????

working