jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hi Jack, this is....

1. donnabella30 profile image80
    donnabella30posted 5 years ago

I cannot STAND it when someone calls my cell or land line to speak with me but they don't ask to do so. Instead they've foolishly been trained to go right into the purpose of calling without confirming the correct party is on the line. For many reasons, one being  third party disclosure, businesses should really stop doing that.
    I mean, my mom always taught me to ask for what I want. I would think this can be applied to telephone etiquette as well. It is just so rude to start talking like that regardless of the reason for calling.
    Telemarketers, solicitors, bill collectors, etc. need to learn how to properly id persons on the line by ASKING. You'll get much further with people if you do so, I call it common sense.

2. recommend1 profile image72
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

They would still not get any further with me than me putting down the phone and leaving it there.  A few minutes of talking to themselves seems to get me taken off their lists in ways that complaints never do.

donnabella30posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just hang up. Just sitting the phone down isn't enough for me.  But I've had a couple companies have to pay out because they disclosed to 3rd party by assuming.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Give the phone to a young (1 or 2 year old) child.  They will love to play with it and "talk" to their new friend! big_smile

donnabella30posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I hear ya but that could only work if I had a kid or 2..
      They could still get a tad further by simply asking for me. And its both telemarketers and collectors that practice in that way.

working