jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

Why Do I Have So Little Views?

1. smanty profile image72
    smantyposted 5 years ago

I am constantly being told to write with both quantity and quality in mind, but even with my 21 hubs, I am still only receiving anywhere from 10 to 25 views a day. I would have thought that if I wrote more, I would earn more, but I am really not seeing anything change from when I had a mere 10 hubs. Does quantity matter? or is quality where you should focus?

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure anymore that hub viewing figures do improve with time. My hubs that got 10- 20 views a day this time last year, are still getting 10 - 20 views a day.
      My hubs that got 0 - 2 are still getting 0 - 2 a day.
      The hubs I have that do OK, did OK from the day of publication, and they were keyword orientated in areas of high search, and pretty high competition. Guess they just hit lucky.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Focus on quality before quantity. Quantity of Quality is your best option. wink

Not to mention, it might be helpful to do "keyword" research on topics which you are writing on. You could be writing inside someone's niche, who has great quality and getting views will be difficult without some type of advertising/promotion of your work.

You could also be writing about things people are not searching for? I don't know, but is possible.

Just a thought.

On a side thought- if you haven't visited the Learning Center, then this might be a good time to check it out. I've provided the link below.

1. smanty profile image72
      smantyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank You, that is an awesome answer! I had no idea there was a learning center. I'll definitely spend an hour looking that place over before I decide to write another hub.

Thanks again!

1. Cagsil profile image84
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. Glad to help. smile

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image92
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

hi smanty

2 things

I had a quick look at your hubs.  They are well written, from what I saw.  Your problem more likely lies with SEO and promotion therefore.  My suggestion might be to try something a little different with your titles.  Having a short, 4 word title can be difficult to rank in the post-panda world when you have competition.  What about trying to expand your titles to 7 or 8 words and fitting in more keywords, or getting longer keyword phrases into the titles?

Secondly, I wrote a hub recently that gives links to my 5 recommended hubpages guides written by hubbers (they helped me a lot), which will complement the stuff in the HP learning centre.

Hope this helps.

4. 0
    Muldanianmanposted 5 years ago

I would consider 10 - 25 views per day as excellent.  My hubs go for days without even a single viewing.  All I see is 0 views for every hub.  So, I sometimes delete them, only to republish them later, hoping that they will appear as a new hub and therefore might attract some views for a brief time.

1. Cathy I profile image79
      Cathy Iposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Be patient with yourself, and get more involved in the Hub community.
      I just checked your article, "How unique are we?".  It is very interesting, but perhaps the title does not do it justice. Genealogy and mysticism  are very popular topics...I'm not talking about SEOs.  Anyhow, it's just a thought I wanted to share with you that revisiting the title might help.  Also I would have liked to hear more about that church and what they do; never  heard of it before .  Good luck to you and keep on writing.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image92
        PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, work is good.  Title and tags won't get you any views, Muld.  You need to work on keywords, or your situation won't improve imho

5. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

IMHO an average of 1 to 2 views per hub per day is not unusual.

1. workingmomwm profile image83
      workingmomwmposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Or less than that. Today, for example, I'm averaging about 1/2 a view per hub!

1. Jinesh07 profile image60
        Jinesh07posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This certainly makes me feel better because my views are only trickling in!

6. wolf40901 profile image61
    wolf40901posted 5 years ago

i write my hubs in ms word. i save them so i know what i wrote about last so i don't overpost. try searching and see what comes up. write about that.

7. sofs profile image85
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Hubs take time to mature and bring in the traffic even if you SEO them .. patience is the key and SEO is your answer.

8. jimmaloy profile image60
    jimmaloyposted 5 years ago

Use the Google External Keyword tool to figure out what people are searching for. Use the option to figure out phrase and exact matches apart from the broad category - those will help you come up with more precise titles that may end up highly ranked in a search engine. Hope that helps.

9. jonagusto profile image60
    jonagustoposted 5 years ago

I think your problem similiar as my posting, until now my traffic is still limit

10. bigchido profile image61
    bigchidoposted 5 years ago

I agree with Paul. I think keywords is the key. I'm new here and I need all the help I can get.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bigchido, 150 words is a paragraph, not a hub. Try and add more words to make at least 300 words. The best hubs here have a minimum of 500 words. 1000 or more is even better. You will soon see your score rising too.

11. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

For non-SEO material one or two views a day is pretty normal IMHO.