jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Looks like I will be getting evicted.

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 5 years ago

If any of you have read my hub on donating to charity, you know that I have been facing becoming homeless for a while now. Well, while I was out of town taking my brother to the VA hospital, An eviction notice has been sitting in my mail box. My complex wants $744.00 or they are going to kick us out on the street.

I assumed that I would make money on hub pages, however, in the time I have been here I have made a whopping $6.00. And, have made nothing at Amazon. So, you may not see me on here for a while, while I look for another place to live. I have been trying to move in with my brother, but his place is such a mess, there is no room for any of my stuff.

My partner is reluctant to start packing, as he thinks the court will side with us when the judge hears our reasons for non payment. Which, a lot of it has to do with spending almost $100.00 a week driving my brother to the veterans hospital in Ann Arbor for his Kemo treatment of his brain tumors. (He has brain cancer.) So, I am left with two problems sick brother, and might end up on the street. I am battling with which is worse. It's been really tough going from a $23,000 anual income to zero income. Really tough.

I know I will probably get slammed for posting this. But, I had to get it off my chest. And, maybe hope that people who have enjoyed my writing will lend me some support. I don't know what I am going to do. I already called 211 as I mentioned in one of my hubs, and they claim that they will not help me, because I do not have children. SUCKS!!

1. Lisa HW profile image84
      Lisa HWposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Needless to say, I'm sorry to see you're going through such an awful thing.  I don't know if you live in the US, but have you tried contacting any local legal aid type firms/agencies who help people who can't afford an attorney?  I know that the one in my area screens out all kinds of people because they can only deal with people facing criminal charges and/or eviction.  I'm just wondering if getting everything held off (to buy you a little more time to see if there's more help) might be of any help.  OR, is there some service that would get your brother to chemo, so you could find work, and maybe buy some time once you could tell a judge you have income?   Best wishes.  It's awful, one way or another.

1. brimancandy profile image84
        brimancandyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I sent an email to legal aid, and they sent me back a message that said to not to email them for legal advice. And, that if I needed help to contact a lawyer. And, that was all they sent.

As for my brother. He lives in a very small town about 60 miles north of me. He told me he can get a ride from the commission on the aging, but, they will only take him to the VA in Grand Rapids, and he will have to take the VA shuttle bus from there to Ann Arbor. But, whether or not the shuttle bus can take my brother to his appointments on time is another question. He gets Kemo for around 5 hours each time he goes for that, and his other appointments are with enacology (if I spelled that right) And, to have MRIs to check on the growth of his cancer. I take him four or 5 times each month, round trip is over 500 miles. Very tiring. The last trip was a double, so over 1,000 miles in just 2 days, with gas at over $4.00 a gallon, you know where all my money is going.

Wish there was more I could do, but, if I don't have a place to live, I won't be doing anything.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Good luck going forward. hmm