jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Adsense and Hubpages Technical Problem

1. dappledesigns profile image91
    dappledesignsposted 5 years ago

I applied for Google AdSense via my google account using my hubpages URL instead of going through the Hubpages link, and they have denied me because I can't verify if it is a third party or that it is my own editable HTML.

Google's solution is for me is to reapply through the Hubpages link. Unfortunately when I try to apply through the hubpages link like Google has recommended, it says that I already have an account linked to my email address (which I don't because they are waiting for me to reapply).

Can anyone help?

Thank you

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Applying for adsense independently using the URL is not a good idea as Google require authentication of your website.

Use the link provided by HP and you will have no problem as there is an understanding between HP and Google.

dappledesignsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I'm sorry to say I have found this out the hard way sad
        I have tried to link through HP - but HP is telling me that my email is already affiliated with adsense (because I applied) but I don't actually have an account yet.

2. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

When I first applied I had somewhat of the same problem - it wouldn't accept me because I was already signed up.

Eventually I figured out that my wife had signed up years before after dealing with some scam outfit selling web sites.  I never did know the details and promptly forgot all about it as we never used it at all.  I had to deal with adsense direct to get the other one canceled before I could sign up.

dappledesignsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I actually thought that I may have signed up through a personal website for school purposes, but definitely no account.

I've actually tried a different URL (I had forgotten "profile" the first time) and so far it's still in review, which is better than the 4 minute denial reply I received previously.