jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

Do you work on more than one hub at a time?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I just finished a couple that I went back and forth on. One was serious and the other silly. (Hope I got the right capsules in the right hubs).
    Never tried this before but I think I like this way of working.
    Do you usually finish one hub before starting another?

1. smanty profile image72
      smantyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Rochelle, I have never actually written multiple different hubs at the same time, but I could see why someone would do that. I have, though, written a fairly long article that I thought I should break into two parts. Therefore, after I finished the long article, I broke it into two parts, wrote an intro and conclusion for both, and published both at the same time.

I was reading about what Cagsil was saying, and it seems efficient. I normally get small bursts of inspiration, and some of the inspiration is about different topics.

Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The 'bursts' happen... always good to keep a note file, on paper or computer, to save the inspiration. It can be fleeting and is best served hot.

2. profile image0
      CollBposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I normally work on one hub or article at a time.  I think my thoughts would be going back and forth too much if I worked on several at the same time.  Although  I've known some who work on several projects at one time and that seem to be the motivating force for them!

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Rochelle, at one point I had over 30 hubs in the works. I would write a little bit at a time in each of them. I found it to be a bit much and it also had an effect on Authorscore, if the hubs were unpublished for too long.

Presently, I have no hubs unpublished. I do have a couple of ideas for hubs, but haven't begun writing them, as of yet. smile

I'm impressed. I don't think I can have more than two things on my mind at once.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

Interesting side (to me) my 'silly' is outpacing my serious, but that is probably normal

4. AliciaC profile image95
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

I only work on one hub at a time. I haven’t tried working on two hubs at once, but I don’t think that would work for me. Once I start on a hub, whether it’s just on my computer or is unpublished on HubPages, I can’t stop thinking about it for very long. I like to concentrate on the research and planning for one article before I start exploring a new topic.

It a personal decision. One thing about writing, you have to do what works for you.
      In this particular situation I felt I was getting bogged down in the factual and specific details of one practical, serious subject, and felt better alternating with a more free-wheeling creative article in between the "real" work.
      I admire people who don't need that distraction, but it's different strokes for different folks.

5. Just Ask Susan profile image86
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

I only work on one at a time but I can see how working on 2 or more at a time might be a good thing to try and challenging as well.

6. Francesca27 profile image79
    Francesca27posted 5 years ago

Yes, I do work on more than one hub at a time. Lately, when I get an idea, or if something useful is going on, I get my camera out and take some pictures that I can include in the hubs. I'm a visual person and can express myself better with a few pictures.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Francesca, Welcome to the HubPages forums. smile

7. GoingOnline profile image60
    GoingOnlineposted 5 years ago

I usually write offline, and start different documents if I see that I am going off track and the article is starting to become confusing. But once I start building the hub proper then I prefer to focus on one at a time, is confusing enough as it is to make sure everything is right smile

8. wheelinallover profile image80
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

I have had several ideas going at the same time, I like GoingOnline write offline. When it came time to publish one was done right away while the others hit the back burner for revision.

I have several ideas which I have been working on offline now. None are ready to publish though, they might come up right behind each other or some might get revised for a blog.

I made the mistake of holding one unpublished and watched the score keep going down, I would rather not have that happen again. I finally published that one then deleted it.

working