jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

ad program

1. scarlton profile image78
    scarltonposted 5 years ago

If we opt out of the ad program and go back to adsense only, cane we switch back to the ad program at a later time. Seems like I did better monetarily with only adsense. Any suggestions?

scarltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much Cagsil, just what I needed to know!

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. Glad I could help. smile

2. smanty profile image73
      smantyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi scarlton, like cagsil said, yes, it is possible to re-activate the Hubpages ad program for the freedom of testing out what ad program works best for you.

I would also like to point out and show you this blog post - http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/03/ad-layout-changes/

It shows you the ad layout for the hubpages ad program and for the google adsense program.

scarltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Didn't think about that smile Thanks smanty!

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As others have said, you can switch between them.  If you're going to try switching off HP Ads, leave them off for about a month.   Income fluctuates - if you only do it for a few days or a week, it's too short a time to get a fair idea.

I'm like you! I switched off HP Ads for most of April.  Adsense recovered, but nowhere near its old levels.  I've switched HP Ads back on now.

However, everyone's different - some people find Adsense does recover so they don't need to go back.

1. WryLilt profile image86
        WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I did a similar test and also found that the combined earnings from Adsense+HP Ads was greater than just Adsense on its own.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Yes you can. I have activated and de-activated my HP Ads Program for testing purposes.

The only thing you are not allowed to do is quit Adsense. If you do, then you cannot take part in HP Ad program. smile

working