jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do to increase traffic to your hub?

1. SuccessfromHome profile image61
    SuccessfromHomeposted 5 years ago

Ive seen people with 1,000,000 views, but how?

1. SunSeven profile image60
      SunSevenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are many people here with 10 times more page views than that. If you search HP you will find many hubs to learn how to achieve that kind of success.

Welcome to HP

Best Regards

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You've started after the Panda change(Google's algorithm), so your effort has to be magnified.

It would be good to get traffic from other places, besides just search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.

People write on multiple sites, as well as, host multiple websites and/or multiple blogs. Some use Twitter to drive a little bit of traffic.

Keyword research is very important to your writing. I think Sunforged still has hubs up, talking about it. You can even use HP's search feature and look up 60DC(day challenge). It was a group of hubbers who took on the challenge of writing 30 hubs in 30 days, then did 30 days of promotion.

Sunforged was the leader in both 60 Day Challenges. I hope that helps. smile

3. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

Getting a lot of page views takes work and patience, but it's worth it.

First, your hubs have to be online long enough to get a lot of pageviews to begin with.  I've found that the more "real" backlinks I have on any one article, the more visits that article receives.  While it is possible to create your own backlinks, the best ones happen naturally, and that takes time.

Second, as Cagsil said, finding and then properly using the right keywords is imperative.  There's a thousand hubs on how to do this, just do a search for hubs about Keywords.

Third, find different ways to promote your hubs, preferably ways where you can earn more.  For me, I get involved a lot on Facebook.  In 2010, Facebook overtook Google as the #1 visited website - and that should say something.  I don't earn anything from Facebook in terms of affiliates, but I'm able to refer a lot of people here, and I also get contracts to do articles for different communities in Oklahoma. 

Besides Facebook, many of the articles I have here are also on my blog in summary form.  In other words, using the same keywords, I write a new 300 word article about the topic as a teaser, then send people here for more detail.  I get earnings from both my blog and from my HP account for basically the same amount of work. I've followed this same approach with each account I have here, and it's worked out great.

Those are the main things I do.. there's always getting involved in forums, related blogs, etc., so basically you do what works best for your niche category.