It is so easy to get rid of articles these days mine anyway

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Eileen Hughes profile image61
    Eileen Hughesposted 12 years ago

USB-Dual-DVB-T-Digital-TV-Tuner#

I wrote the above article.   And it has been there for yonks.

Now the powers to be decide that it appeared to encourage Watching TV on the computer or something similar...????

I cant be bothered anymore.  It is so easy to DELETE ARTICLES

That saves any confrontation..... So Simple.  Thanks once again
       Whoever keeps on trying to get me to alter my hubs  forget it.

In the last 4 months I have had to delete many ads that were on their from the beginning on aprrox 25 articles   as evidently they were  now over promotional.  I did all that even though I was away traveling for three months and had limited time on the internet.

Previously it was something else on about 20 of my articles  and I fixed that.

It just goes on and on and on.........

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are, of course, free to delete whatever Hubs you want, but if you read the details of warning that appeared on that Hub this is what it states:

It appears this Hub might be about watching TV on your PC, a topic which has become saturated with low-quality Hubs published by affiliate marketers. Because of this, Hubs written on this topic must be of exceptional quality and can not contain affiliate links, or links that point to sales or lead forms. Hubs that don't comply with our rules can be unpublished. However, high-quality, informative Hubs without affiliate, sales or lead form links on this topic are welcome!

The Hub was not moderated, and so long as it contains no affiliate links it is very unlikely that it would be.  You can read more about content warnings here:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#content-warning

Eileen Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Paul for replying  But it is just getting too hard these days with all the problems that keep coming up that we have to alter
        everything.

That's why as I said It is easier to delete them.

From memory it wasnt over promotional with links. I did take one out because it said it no longer worked that was when I saw the other message.  Anyway thanks for replying

As best I can tell you've only been asked to make changes to 1 of your Hubs (via email 5 weeks ago), and had 1 Hub that was moderated 6 months ago (for an AdSense policy related issue).  That doesn't seem like much to me, so I'm curious what gives you that feeling.

Sorry paul, it was because of all the other articles (adverts to delete) Amazon ones. And other ones

This was one email I got:
            We recommend that you write at least 50 words of text for each product that is featured on your Hubs. Please correct the problem if possible. Hubs that are not corrected by March 25th may be unpublished.   
            That referred to 21 of my hubs - I fixed all of these too.

This was second email:
            Over-Marketed Topics

The following published Hub is written on a topic that is over saturated on HubPages and contains links to affiliate sites or promotional offers. That sort of link is no longer permitted on Hubs in certain subject areas. Please review these Hubs and remove any of these links; uncorrected Hubs will begin to be unpublished starting in about 2 weeks.

That one was one article  -Which I fixed

But then it said:
            The news capsule is no longer going to be supported on HubPages soon, and will simply be removed from your hubs. The hubs will not be unpublished, but removal of news capsules may affect their layout. So, we'd recommend reviewing the following hubs, and if you have any concerns you can remove the news capsules yourself.

That message referred to 25 hubs which I did alter.

Fair enough.  Reviewing the news capsule Hubs was optional and really only important if the way you were using the news capsule was integral to the Hub, but the product ratio issues (from a couple months back) were not.

There may be a few bumps along the way, but we believe these changes are important for the long term health of the site.  Anyway,I don't believe there are any further significant rules changes coming, if that provides any solace.

1. SunSeven profile image62
                SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do we still have news capsules?

2. Eileen Hughes profile image61

Ok thanks that will be good news then.   Thanks for your information.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eileen, take a deep breath!

If you've been travelling, you probably missed the huge upheaval that was caused when Google changed its rules a few months back.  What was OK with Google last year isn't OK now.

You know that HubPages (and Hubbers) rely on Google Adsense for their income, so HubPages had to make a lot of changes, fast, to keep in Google's good books. 

Unfortunately, instead of taking it calmly, and waiting until they had it all organized before asking us to change things, it was more like, "quick, get the Hubbers to fix this!" then, "oh heck, we need to fix that too - quick, get another email out!".  At least, that's what it felt like to us Hubbers!  Annoying, but let's face it, we all make mistakes when we're in a panic.

The Amazon changes were part of that. So were the "prohibited links" changes affecting what sites you could link to - basically, you can't have links to sites that sell ebooks any more, except on eBay and Amazon.

If you read the email about the News capsules carefully, you didn't need to do anything - they were just telling you the capsules were going to disappear, in case they were important to you.

They're still going through every Hub to find prhobited links, so it's quite possible you'll find the odd Hub getting unpublished now and then - but if you go to the Hub and read the information at the top it will tell you exactly which link needs removing, then you can submit for republishing.

Hi Marissa,   Thanks for stopping by,  Yes I did know about that but it is such a pain.  and like you say it was all done in such a difficult way for me anyway.

But what is amusing to me is that most of us write for other sites and have not had any problems like this at all.
        Yes  I understand that hubpages has probably been going for longer in some situations too.

I am not including ehow and those sites in this as I dont write for them at all.

Another thing that drives me up the wall is all the emails from facebook.  Evidently they are coming from members apps or similar.  So in future when I get them I will just unfollow them.

Another friend just explained that to me and it will solve this problem.  Not that I want to lose friends.  That is not my aim  I just want to stop so much spam and rubbish in my emails.

And of course facebook well that is another issue all together.
        Anyway thanks again and all ok now cheers Eileen.  Thanks for helping everyone.

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 12 years ago

I have deleted/moved the content which do not comply with HP's ever changing rules. There is nothing wrong with that. No heartbreaks, no disappointments, and no hard feelings.

I did those things mostly, because its not worth the time and effort to tune your existing hubs to rules which are invented on the road and whims.

If you start doing it, you will have no time for anything else, with pathetic returns. smile

Thanks sunseven,  Yes I think I will have to do the same.  As we travel a lot and it all takes up valuable time.

And to be honest I havent written many articles lately because of our traveling.

Like you say it took me ages to fix all the other problems.  Just opening altering and saving on limited internet usage really was a pain ... Although I did try and fix everything before.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)