jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

What is your experience in climbing Google ranks for your domain?

1. Richieb799 profile image67
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I climbed up to 7th on the first page for a fairly competitive keyword prior to my holiday, I did extensive backlinking on sites PR0-PR9 but after slowing down somewhat and my guess is that the sites above me have pretty solid backlinks and SEO

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

You should get a plug-in for Firefox (the Chrome version is buggy), called SEO Quake.  It's free, and allows you to see how many backlinks each listing in the Google search results has (ususally).  It will also tell you the page rank.  You should turn off everything but Google page rank and Yahoo links, otherwise it's too much info.

Eventually Google will lock you out of getting the info, at least for that session.  Just try again later.

You just need to be consistent with the backlinking, and try to get your backlinks on blogs and forums with a higher page rank (not so easy).  It's best if these sites are 'do follow'.  There's a plug-in for that too.

1. Richieb799 profile image67
      Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Timorous, yes Ive had SEOquake before, it is good but can display a little too much info, I also try and get high PR links, got a few PR 7 this morning..I try and get Dofollow as well

2. whoisbid profile image76
      whoisbidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are intelligent Sir.. and have passed my test for web cognizance. I think you are valuable to this community. I am a bit of a scream so I hope you don't mind me expressing myself in such a liberal fashion