jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Hubpages Lost 100 places in Alexa ranking

1. sid_candid profile image60
    sid_candidposted 5 years ago

Hubpages has lost 100 places in Alexa ranking since the panda update in February. It was at 174 Alexa ranking and today it is at 275 Alexa ranking. This would mean that they have lost 1 place in Alexa ranking everyday on an average. When will this free fall stop as I have never seen the ranking improve a single day since Panda.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Less than six months ago they were in the top 50.

1. whoisbid profile image78
        whoisbidposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see this as a challenge. I am new to HubPages and I think we have to fight! It is a fight not only for HubPages but for our own websites. If you believe that the Alexa clickstream means something then you can see that a large percentage of people here are leaving this site to go to Facebook. I personally don't support Facebook because they are making websites and blogs more redundant every day.

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ummm.... what do you mean people are leaving Hubpages to go to facebook? They are completely different mediums!

That's like saying people are leaving Google Search Engine to use Hotmail Email.

FACEBOOK doesn't let you blog or write articles in a way that makes money. And most people don't search FACEBOOK when they have a question!

Seems you're a little confused about what exactly Hubpages is.

2. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 5 years ago

At this rate Google is not going to be getting a holiday fruitcake from me this year.  Out of spite, I changed all my default search engines on all my internet devices to Bing.  That'll show 'em!  smile

Go Bing!

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

I thought hubpages went from 74 to 278 where it is today.
    Alexa has tracked the fall well. smile