jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

No Google Capsule Offered in Edit

1. Kate Downs profile image84
    Kate Downsposted 8 years ago

Hi.  I'm pretty new.  I just finished my first hub.

I noticed there was an ebay capsule and an amazon capsule, but no option to add  an Adsense capsule when editing my hub.

My account says my Google Affiliate account is active.  Oddly, I haven't entered any information for eBay, but the edit is allowing me to add an eBay capsule.

Could someone help please?

2. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Welcome smile

There is no separate capsule for google ads. They will appear on their own, related to your hub content. You will need to enter your affiliate codes(ebay, amazon, adsense and kontera) in affiliate settings page.

It's here: http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

3. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 8 years ago

Hi Kate - welcome.  Ebay and Amazon are handled differently to Adsense.  With Ebay and Amazon you add the capsule to determine where your ads go and what they contain.  With Adsense the advertising is inserted automatically and you have no control over ad content, colour or location.

Once Adsense has scanned your article then then appropriate adverts should start to appear based on your content, keywords etc.  In other words you don't need to do anything once you have signed up.

4. Kate Downs profile image84
    Kate Downsposted 8 years ago

Thanks so much to both of you!

I thought I had read a post from someone saying they were tinkering with their adsense layout.  I must have been mistaken.

Thanks again!  And thanks for the welcome!

5. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

you might have read about the different ways to break your text into multiple capsules, which can affect where in your hub adsense ads appear. I've found it's best not to worry about too many details at one time, though. You'll pick up the tips and implement as you go :-)