jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Traffic is rising.

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

I have not made many hubs lately, but I also am still working on so many different ideas and such. I always do check Hubpages every day and I note the progress. I'll change a few hubs here and there, but mainly I have just sat and watched my hubs climb over the last few days. This is a guess, but nearly a 20% rise. Not what one would suspect prealgo, nonetheless I am going to continue to keep a very close eye on things for the next couple days.

How about you guys?

1. brandonhart100 profile image84
      brandonhart100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Traffic is up, sales are up - Father's Day

As someone that writes mostly sales hubs I can tell you that this is exactly what it is.  If you have sales hubs, then you'll be up in traffic a little this week and a lot in sales.

1. brandonhart100 profile image84
        brandonhart100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Let me say that this is in addition to the weekly bump we normally have around this time.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Nope, if anything mine is slightly down.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago

I had two hubs go double blue arrows yesterday, since they were in relatively competitive keywords however, I sincerely doubt it was Google love. Probably picked up a backlink somewhere. Otherwise, I'm seeing about a 10% increase over the last couple weeks.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean double red arrows?

Double blue arrows mean traffic is falling.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image61
    MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago

Yep I do mean double red arrows.  Sorry, 24 hours into nicotine withdraw... shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard.

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've heard it helps to smoke a few of those nicotine patches!  smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
        MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL, considering licking some at least... can you grind them up and snort them?

C'mon!  You know you've already tried that!  lol

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
            MelissaBarrettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep.  The sticky stuff kept getting caught in my nose hair.  Demmit.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago in reply to this

good luck with that. . . .!

5. Randy Godwin profile image94
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

My traffic is up but earnings aren't rising accordingly.  And if the strange Amazon dealings continue this month I'm thinking of taking off all of the ads.  Can I do this by merely deleting my Amazon affiliate code from my account page?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that will just leave the HP affiliate link showing 100% of the time.smile

Strange amazon dealings? As in no Amazon?

1-High priced items ordered and never shipped or returned.

2-No way to check when my Amazon affiliate code is in effect on my hubs.

3-Vastly increased views to best selling hubs but a sudden plunge in the number of the same items which usually sell.  In my peak season too.

4-HP's difficult manner in which to check affiliate time share in general.

5-Peak selling time of the day seems to favor HP's Adsense time share.

@Wry Lit--Not if I remove the ads too!  But perhaps I'll just relocate the best one's to a more openly honest site anyway.  thanks!

6. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

My Amazon seems to be tracking fine, however it was not even close to what it was pre-algo.

This is why I am concerned, Mikey. My Amazon sales picked up in March right after the panda slap and was good also in April and May.  June sucks, even though my views have increased by at least 1/3 with more clicks. 

Someone is making sales, but it isn't me.  Too bad we don't know if HP is selling anything on their share of the time on our hubs.  I don't want to know how much they've sold, but it would be nice to know if they are experiencing the same sudden drop in sales.  I do wish there was someone on staff who was able to actually answer questions about the affiliates on this site.

I know they read our concerns about these things and their silence doesn't bode well for the future here.

working