jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Post Panda Successes ?

1. Ritsos profile image66
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

Just wondered now the dust had settled a bit if anyone still considered they were reasonably succesful here in making a reasonable amount?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it's all a matter of perspective, Ritsos.

Before I discovered HubPages, I would've laughed if you'd told me I could earn anything from my writing, far less earn $300 from just one article.

My earnings have dropped by half, but that's still better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.  I'm still earning a lot more per article here than I do on Helium, for instance.  And after the initial drop, my traffic has stayed remarkable steady for the last two months.

1. Ritsos profile image66
        Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm still an optimist but I haven't earned a single $ for nearly 3 weeks now everywhere that I have articles including a couple of my own sites though they are really early days with work needing doing on them so will give it a bit longer

2. Entrepreneur2.0 profile image59
        Entrepreneur2.0posted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol, slap fish now wheres the chicken cutlet and rebecca black when u need her?

2. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 5 years ago

Not here.  Panda hit and it is still dropping...not a fun time.

The big question for me is how low can it go?

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

My views and earnings on HP have remained pretty stagnant, despite me writing more hubs.  Material on my other websites continues to go from strength to strength, however.

I hope that HP can stop the rot.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image82
      Garrett Mickleyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Before Panda, I had taken a couple months off from writing.  I came back right after Panda and started writing more but everything has just been steadily going down for me.  I do some external SEO for each of my hubs and it hasn't been doing anything.  This is the same external SEO process I use for my personal websites, which are all growing.

4. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I'm not making as much as I wanted to make. If it was not for panda I would likely making a couple hundred a month.

Even after the panda, I still have been making 50-60 dollars a month -- which is not a lot really -- but it is auto-pilot passive income.

If I could just make 200-400 dollars, I would be content.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it's a shocker isn't it.  I'm not in the big league, but my websites and Hubs combined were paying me almost $1,000 a month - and for HubPages that was almost totally passive income, since I rarely write new Hubs any more. 

Combine Panda AND the strength of the Aussie dollar and my earnings are down by half, even though most of my websites weren't hit.

1. Richieb799 profile image66
        Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Me 3, I was content making a couple of hundred dollars a month from last summer up until Christmas time, then everything got slashed in half when Panda hit, things have been looking promising the last month though

5. Marye Audet profile image91
    Marye Audetposted 5 years ago

Things have leveled off for me. Last month was my lowest adsense yet... but this month has been better. I am still down about 500.00 (adding hubpages income and adsense together) from where I was prior to Panda, but it went up a little this month..and normally things pick up for me from August to December so I am hopeful I have seen the worst of it.

6. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 5 years ago

....I think that Panda has fleas.  neutral

All in all, I've done pretty good post-panda, but then again, I've never relied heavily on Google for hits.  I had a slight dip after it was first announced, but my visits have risen considerably after that.

Post-panda, I've had more visits coming from Facebook and other outside sites rather than from Google, so it has had a slight impact, but not enough to kill me.

Still, I'm working on updating my Oklahoma Traveler blog - moving some articles around and what-not - just to see how much of an impact it has had.  I started marketing quite a bit on Facebook just before Panda hit, so I have a feeling that's why I haven't seen the large drop that everyone else seems to be having.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Post Panda My own sites have done pretty well, my Hubpages have tanked.

8. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Yet,the front page still dispays the prior (earnings)success stories.