jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Ads Keep Getting Disabled

1. WillWrite4Food profile image60
    WillWrite4Foodposted 5 years ago

I've had to contact support every time I publish a hub because the automatic filter keeps catching something and automatically disabling the ads.

I've reviewed the rules and am not in violation of anything, and I'm definitely not writing about sensitive subjects. My articles are all about parenting thus far.

Both of my other hubs have been reviewed after contacting support and have had the ads turned back on.

Does anyone know why this may be happening and what I can do to keep it from happening in the future? I really don't want to have to contact support each time I publish a new hub.

Thanks from a newb!  smile

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I can see why this can be annoying. The filters go by words, not really by context. I think it would be difficult for HubPages to make any exceptions to that. Some Hubbers work around these limitations by learning to avoid certain words, substituting them with others.

WillWrite4Foodposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My hubs have all been focused on parenting articles and not even controversial ones at that... I'm so confused, lol!

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The best - in fact the only - advice that I can give you right now is that when you communicate with moderators, try to get them to explain precisely what triggered the filter. This way, you may be able to understand what words it could be worthwhile to find substitutions for, and whether there are other reasons that you can learn to work around.

WillWrite4Foodposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. Any advice is worthwhile at this point!  smile

working