jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

What books are everyone reading these days?

1. Bobbyben10 profile image61
    Bobbyben10posted 5 years ago

I would imagine that most of you like to read if you like to write. If you are currently engaged in a novel, or a series, what is it?

For me, I have been reading some Dean Koontz as of late. I just finished the third book in his Frankestein series "Dead and Alive", for any of you who haven't gotten a chance to check these out, I do advise it. Anyway, what are you reading??

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have just started Seve Ballesteros book on Winning the Ryder Cup.
      I finished a few days ago Passing the advanced driving test and Ways to Correct Poor Driving Habits.
      The novel I have on the go is called- Scotlands Winter Mountains by Martin Moran. An excellent book for any Hill walker or budding mountaineer.

2. Karen Wodke profile image78
    Karen Wodkeposted 5 years ago

Seems I have been too busy writing to do much reading. My co-author and I are trying to get through the editing on our novel. As a result, I am a little behind on the books on my list to review. I have three self-published works to read, which I am looking forward to. I also just purchased Konrath's new book. Like you, I really enjoy Dean Koontz.

3. starme77 profile image83
    starme77posted 5 years ago

Truman Capote - I recently purchased nearly every one of his books - he is an interesting writer to me but forgotten I had the video store get a copy of his movie and now I'm gonna buy it cause no one else has ever rented it - smile aw well , its interesting to me anyway smile

4. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

I just finished the second of the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Played with Fire.

The books are exciting and fast paced and the character development is fantastic!

5. SueShepard profile image61
    SueShepardposted 5 years ago

A biography on Jimmy Stewart

6. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 5 years ago

I am reading "1861". This book is about the time before the Civil War began and during the first few months of the American Civil War in the year 1861.

7. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

I am about to begin, "Duped America", by, Richard Bernstein, who is a former lifelong Democrat and has organized this masterpiece into 31 short easy-to-read chapters.

In each and every chapter Bernstein explains how the Democrat Party and their allies in the Mainstream Media have repeatedly attempted to dupe Americans. Each chapter is filled with enough facts to allow you to become more than just knowledgeable about each subject. "Duped America", is so thoroughly researched it has almost 1,000 footnotes.

And damn it lays it out there, straight from the mouth of a life-long insider. And is chaulk full 'o Leftist and Mass Media treason. An it should be a damn good read!

8. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

The Shining - S. King
    A must read!

9. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 5 years ago

I have lately found more Miss Silver msteries by Patrica Wentworth that I hadn't read before.  I've just finished the last of them.