jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Need a bit of help from the experts... photos and promo...

1. YimmyP profile image79
    YimmyPposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone.

I was hoping that someone could break down the policies for pictures a little more for me. I understand how to put pictures in my hubs, but am still a little unclear as to the dos and don'ts. Which ones are safe to post? Which ones are not? How do I keep myself from getting slapped with a lawsuit or something?

Also, I would like to get some more traffic to my hubs, is there any safe way that I can promote them myself? Can I go to a social network, facebook for example, and say "I just published so and so hub, you can check it out here..." or can I call my friends up and say, "Hey, check out the article I just posted". I'm enjoying my time here and not wanting to get banned...

Thank you for your time!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The first thing to know is that all photos are copyright unless they specifically say otherwise - which means you can't use them.

You can use any photo that is labelled Creative Commons (in which case you have to credit the photographer) or Public domain (in which case you can use it freely).   I wrote a Hub about using Creative Commons photos from Flickr, which you might find useful.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

These questions have been answered multiple times, so it is best to go to the leaning center button below, or the help button above, left. Also you can get lots of answers by using the search box.
    You just have to do some reading and a little experimenting.
    Good luck and welcome to HubPages!

3. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Here you go watch the video.. that would help you http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Photos-on-HubPages

4. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 5 years ago

Here's the Learning Center link to the correct use of photos on HubPages:  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

Cheers! big_smile