jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'm New :)

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago

Hi! I'm new and would like any insight you can give about my hub, how to make money, and the do's and don'ts of "getting out there". I'm not keen on the advertising aspect - but I get it. Personally I hate going to sites that overflood with advertising so for my initial hub I just chose the Amazon (I think it was) ad.. mainly because I thought the book that came up was quite interesting smile What is your take on which advertsiing schemes to use in an effort to earn cash?

Thanks all!

1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
      R.S. Hutchinsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Oh.. here is the link ( I read that posting the link here is ok to do- my apologies if not)

2. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Hiya, welcome to Hubpages! The affiliate ad programs are really good, even if you don't want to write just to earn money, you may as well join google ads and the new one. After a few months you will start to earn a little bit and it does come in handy. If you don't want ads on your hub, then you can go into it in your accounts and take them off, but I think it looks better with the ads because there aren't that many. as for putting your link here, its not really allowed, but hey you have just joined!   lol good luck with your hubs.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think some writing doesn't lend itself to advertising and isn't going to make much money anyway.  But there is an overlap between what will make money and what will still be fun to do.

4. 60
    tlmntim9posted 5 years ago

As a poet and short story writer for hubpages for almost two years now I have yet to make 25.00 and have never sold from an amazon add and those who read my work are readers and writers so again it does depend on what you write. Hubpages love thoughtless dribble, copied and rewritten works on nothing, cleveage shots and repeats of daily headlines. To me thats not writing.
    Here if I can help in anyway