jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Writing mathematical formulas in hub

1. 59
    Aj Peytonposted 5 years ago

How do I write mathematical formulas into a hub or what's the usual way it's done? I don't wanna do stuff like this:

...that type of thing just looks sloppy and messy. I was thinking about downloading latex but I have to wait until the mid of the night because I have a shitty internet and the file is huge. Will that work?

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I would suggest saving it as a jpg and uploading as a picture, but that is awkward too.

1. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

But this is the most-used way of doing it I think -

it is helpful when writing if the formulae is made the same as 1 x line height or it makes a huge gap in the writing.  Some types of equation require 2 x line height by nature, so the image should be made at 2 x line hight.

In a hub it might work to put the formulae in a half page picture capsule and right adjust it so the text appears to flow around it, but I have not tried that myself.

2. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. 0
    Giselle Maineposted 5 years ago

I have actually done this for a previous hub (like Recommend1 described).  I just typed the equation using Microsoft Word, then took a screen shot of that to make a picture and then put the pic in my hub.  Hope this helps.