This IS the place for off-topic, no?

1. hot dorkage profile image78
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

Just saw my first McCain commercial in Oregon.  Are they talking about issues? Are they talking about policy?  Al Qaeda?  The national debt which has set records, and the country was in the BLACK at the end of  Clinton?  Are they talking about facts?  Nooooooo....... OMG they're trying to co-opt Obama's change sell point.  Totally devoid of any facts, basically totally devoid of  truth.   They're saying things like McCain took on the republican establishment bla.... Palin took on the republican establishment in her little baileywick in Alaska thus.... the bridge to nowhere.... OK so the Republican establishment is bad now? 
    But it's your party dude!   What a load of crap.  I'm not saying anything one way or another right now about Obama.  but this McCain commercial is downright insulting.  The ditto heads will go for all that shit, but they hate Obama and their vote is a done deal anyway.  The voters he needs to convince  the likes of me.  Does he think were all as stupid as Rush Limbaugh dittoheads?   I must say it's the first time I ever saw a  commercial that's nothing but spin on spin!  He should FIRE his political strategist right now.   It's like..... OK we can't campaign on status quo because even the lamest voter knows that status quo sucks.  Obama came up and said the obvious thing:  we need a change.  No rocket science there.  Obama is from the opposition party.  McCain is from the party of the current miserable failure of a president we have now.    McCain has basically upheld the Bush line... so how is HE the candidate for change!  Obama has come out quite forcibly for tax cuts for everybody except people making over $250K a year.  Whether he actually delivers on that remains to be seen but McCain is just making "tax 'n' spend"  shit up... a not only tired but false cliche that is always tossed out about every democrat.   Sure a President O might allocate a little more money for wasteful diddly shit like, oh, I dunno, public education, for example. But aren't we bickering about the minnow while ignoring the Whale?  What is the SINGLE BIGGEST THING that our country spends money on, oh gee, could it be the WAR IN IRAQ that was started based on LIES?    Talk about SPENDING...  Clinton had the country IN THE BLACK.  and now it's in the red further than it's ever been.  Who is doing the spending these past 8 years and what have they spent it on?   When he won the nomination I actually had some respect for McCain.  But he's picked this Sarah Palin person to be VP and now those two mavericks seem to be riding off into the sunset together making shit up and giving each other high fives.  "Woo hoo Sarah.  We're mavericks!  We're all about change."    "Woo hoo John.  We're cowboys Yeeee Haaa!  Check out those books I banned in the public library, wouldn't want anybody readin' that stuff.  I'll make some changes all right."   "Woo hoo we're gonna win the election IRREGARDLESS,  thanks to our buds at Diebold, so we can have really stupid commercials that look like they were written five minutes before airing by a 15-year-old who's failing Civics."

Thank you for letting me vent.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

I'd say it'd fit better under the Politics forum

3. hot dorkage profile image78
    hot dorkageposted 8 years ago

sorry i didn't know there was a politics forum.  can the moderator move it or what?