jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How often do you check your email at a red light?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image85
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

I mean...  if you are the driver, how often do you check your smart phone (email or whatever else you do on it) while at a red light?

a) Never
    b) Occasionally
    c) Half the time
    d) Most of the time

I would put "(e) All of the time", but I can not believe that anyone would do that.   

I have seen bicyclist, motorcyclist, and driver checking their smart phones at a red light.  The worst is when their vehicle is still moving.

I don't check mine, because I don't have a smart phone (I just have a dumb cell phone from ages ago).

1. wheelinallover profile image82
      wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I came close to a head on collision just talking on the cell phone and was rearended by someone answering a text while driving.

NO way will I ever endanger my life or anyone else's again talking, texting or reading emails while driving or stopped at a stoplight. Nothing is so important as the innocent lives around me.

I don't even get on my computer, text or check emails on the phone when I am taking care of children in my house alone. It only takes a split second for something to go wrong.

Tonight was proof enough for me. There were 4 adults in the house and one outside with nine children and there was still a trip to the emergency room.

Two of us were on the phone on a conference call in the dining room when this happened. The call was important or I would have been outside also. It takes money to feed a group this big, and it takes time on the computer and phone to make this happen.

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 5 years ago

Never! Nor do I answer calls or text.

Dangerous and selfish behaviour in my opinion.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 5 years ago in reply to this

do not have my cell phone in reach in the car. I'll check it for messages when i get out. I enjoy music to much to be on the phone!  Like the tunes more.

lost in the 60's and motown for me!

3. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago