jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Feedback and Suggestions Please :)

1. Sand Box Vet profile image59
    Sand Box Vetposted 8 years ago

Hi, I'm new here and would like some suggestions on my first hub. How long does it normally take to get feedback from others? And what can I do to spice up my Hubs? Thanks.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

It is an interesting hub, but I would suggest a few changes.

Add some images. You are describing a system that requires visualization so you could really go to town with those. This would mean breaking the text into smaller capsules but worth the effort I think.

It is not a great idea to hide amazon affiliate links in the text. One - the hubpages amazon capsules are visually appealing, and can be used quite well within the text. For example:

Apple iPhone bluetooth headsets

Two - it cuts hubpages out of the revenue which is unfair I think.

Apart from that, I think it is a good first hub.

Welcome smile

3. Sand Box Vet profile image59

Mark, thanks for the advice. I'll start making some changes. One more question though; where would I get these images for my hub? I'm no artist, but do you think it'd be worthwhile to try drawing these images? Again thanks for the helpful feedback smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago in reply to this

There are lots of ways-- and don't discount using your own drawings (they will always be unique). I have some suggestions in a recent hub for simple ways of using photos and images.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Easy-Ways-to-Ma … s-and-Hubs

4. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Flickr is a good resource for images. Much of it is available under a creative commons license.

http://www.flickr.com/

5. Sand Box Vet profile image59

Awesome! Thanks.

6. carpesomediem profile image60
    carpesomediemposted 8 years ago

As Mark suggested, using images will help explain techniques in a visual way.  You might also want to utilize changing the variable width of a text box and inserting the list of words you have the reader go over.  I think that would break up the page, too, and keep folks interested in the overall topic.

working