jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Beginning hubber

1. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 5 years ago via iphone

Is it normal to have more views on a specific hub from other sources than Hubpages?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not for me, but I wouldn't mind getting some outside traffic.

2. hotwebideas profile image83
      hotwebideasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Leroy, Welcome to Hubpages. I am new too. We joined around the same time. My traffic depends on my specific hubs' subject matter as I am sure that applies to everyone else as well..

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

That's usually a good thing.  Your HP will tend to diminish over time, anyway.

1. leroy64 profile image81
      leroy64posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you.  I am guessing that tweeting the hub helped.

1. joyfuldesigns profile image81
        joyfuldesignsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's a great thing actually.  Glad to hear that tweeting helped it.  You must have posted something with high appeal.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

It is great to have views from others at HubPages, but we cannot help you monetarily since we cannot(neither can you) click on each other's adds. The best views are those labeled by Google Analytic as "search engines" and "referring sites", since those visitors are the ones that can actually increase your earnings.

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

With respect, Luis, I believe that you *are* allowed to click on other people's adsense ads, it is just your own that you can't click on.  You are not allowed to enter into agreements with others to click on each other's ads, but if you see an ad that interests you on a Hubpage, you can click on it without being sanctioned by Google.

I agree that the best traffic is from search engines etc.

working