jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

AdSense or HubPages Ad Program?

1. who10 profile image87
    who10posted 5 years ago

Currently, I'm using both programs, HubPages Ad Program and AdSense.  For better income, I'm wondering if it would be better to choose one or the other.  I'm new and I just want to get started off on the right foot once I figure out how to generate traffic.

2. mskills profile image91
    mskillsposted 5 years ago

Coincidentally, I asked a similar question a week or so ago.  The general consensus is that there are too many variables to produce a blanket recommendation, and that you'll just have to experiment with both. 

Personally, as a fellow newbie, I'm seriously considering turning off the HP Ads and taking a chance on AdSense alone.  My first month's earnings on the HP program are laughable, and I can't imagine doing much worse with AdSense.

3. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

For newbies HP ads may work well, Adsense earnings are based on clicks which may require high traffic, while HP ads are based on impressions. In HP ads even if you don't make big bucks the pennies slowly accrue to your account.. Adsense may have no returns for weeks and sometimes months for newbies. That is my honest opinion.

4. who10 profile image87
    who10posted 5 years ago

Thanks for the info.  I think I'll read through mskills post as well.

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You option and Hubads and a few Adsense ads, or just Adsense ads.  They only way to know which will earn you more, really, is to try them both out.