jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Editing after Publishing

1. carylcress profile image61
    carylcressposted 5 years ago

I am new to HubPages and have just recently published my first hub.  I keep going back and editing it to make it better.  Should I keep doing this after having it published?  Any advice?

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is perfectly alright to edit a published hub.. however it would be good if you could get it there before publishing.. we all learn from our mistakes and HP gives us the opportunity to go back and edit and make our hub even better than before.. you have a tool called title tuner that helps you tweak your hubs even further smile

Welcome to Hubpages smile Enjoy writing smile

2. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. I revise my stuff ALL the time.

3. Danette Watt profile image88
      Danette Wattposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's ok to go back and re-read a hub and perhaps revise it a bit if you have some new info or to edit it a little. But how often are you going back to edit?
      If you are striving for perfection, you will drive yourself nuts because every time you look at it, you will see something that you think should be "fixed."  At sine point, you just have to let it go and focus your energy and time on something else.

2. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago

There is no reason that you can't or shouldn't edit after publishing.  In fact, it's better to do that than to unpublish it to edit for the simple fact that if followers have been notified of your hub, and you unpublish it, the link will show that it's gone.  So, rather than do that, editing after publication is your best bet.  Lots of folks edit after they publish.  They may update, or simply catch things they didn't see the first time around.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Of course, you can. I did read your hub, and it seems fine. The title, however, should not have a question-mark in my opinion. After initial corrections and fine-tuning, leave it for awhile, and edit from time to time to expand upon your hub or make significant improvements.

4. carylcress profile image61
    carylcressposted 5 years ago

Thank you both for your comments.  I would rather challenge myself to go back and improve an article than to just delete it.  Website Examiner, thanks for reading and for critiquing.

5. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Sounds good. Just for your information, and not to be picky, you can edit forum posts too - for 4 hours or so after you left them.

1. carylcress profile image61
      carylcressposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks...just played around with that smile

6. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

Sure, you can edit after publishing.  I tinker with mine all the time.