jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Image sizing options.

1. Hubathy profile image60
    Hubathyposted 5 years ago

I wrote my first article today.

What I noticed, is that when inserting images for demonstrations - the only options are full-width, half-width; and quarter-width.

Why is this? The full-size option increases the regular size of the image - pixelating it. I would like my images to be clear. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There is no way to improve the resolution for an image. It only has the pixels it has. If you can find a higher resolution version of the same image, you could substitute that.

Hubathyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am well aware about pixels. I'm asking, that instead of these full/half/quarter width options - there should be a FULL SIZE option. Which would display the image with the pixels it has. So it is sharp, and not stretched.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Seems that the word "full size" has two different meanings, and each of us understood it differently. For me, "full width" and "full size" were synonymous, whereas "original size" would mean something different.

Of course, you could suggest that. There is a forum for suggesting new features, you could report this thread and request to have this thread moved there.

Hubathyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sounds good, thanks bud.

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

The reasons for limited options in the hub setup, is to give all hubs a general consistency.  If everyone did their own thing, graphically, the site would be a real mish-mash.  As with any website, graphical consistency is always a good thing.  With these limited resources, you have to become creative.

You should size your pictures before you upload them, if possible.  Just so you know...the full width size is 520 pixels, the half-width is 260 pixels and quarter is 130 pixels. Otherwise Hubpages will automatically re-size the image to fit.

You could use any resolution you like, but 72 dpi is fairly adequate and quick to load.  Higher rez pictures look sharper, but take longer to load.  This may be a problem for users with slow connections.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you want to show the image full size, you need to have one with the resolution to support that size.  (500px wide or more).