jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How many adsense ads on your own sites

1. Ritsos profile image65
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

Hi All .. Hogging the questions here a bit at the moment I'm afraid but trying to move on from getting a handful of clicks.

I THINK I have finally found a niche to base a site on and will start building it this weekend.

Main question is how mad adsense ad units and link units do you put on your own sites. I think we are allowed 3 of each, but is it better to use them all thereby supplying more possible ads to click but cluttering the site, or be more sparing with them leaving less ads to be clicked but making the site look nicer.

If so, how many do you use?

also .... picture ads or text ads ... which is better ?

Thanks and apologies for all the questions at the moment :-)

1. 60
      arbahy501posted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can start a company adBrite is better than Adsense BraĂșa Profile

Download the user to deal with the company

http://www.ziddu.com/download/15383405/ … U.pdf.html

2. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

There is a page or pages on Google adsense that gives advice on the best loction for ads. right down to giving a 'heat map' of hot spots for ads.

At the moment I cannot remember an easy way to find it, but I can remember that the words above the fold were used in relation to more successful ads. There is also a page that advises on the merits of contrasting colour schemes or blend palettes for ads.

I may have found the page through Blogger monetise tab or when on Adsense pages, sorry to be vague about the URL. However, I will add it if I find it.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

With respect, I think stuff like this should posted either as a question (rather than forum thread), or in the Need Help forum.

Let's face it, you could've got the answer you need in 10 seconds by typing it into Google.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image83
      theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

He was asking for advice from others who have their own sites.  Perhaps you should fully read and understand the OP before you rattle off with your impolite comments?

Ritos...I think it depends on the site.  I max it out on some sites, especially those that I have a lot of affiliate marketing banners and then sometimes it just looks better with a few targeted ones.  I personally don't think there is a right or wrong answer....that's just my opinion.

Good luck with your site!

1. Ritsos profile image65
        Ritsosposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks ;-)

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

And yes it is 3 of each.