jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Contest Idea

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

It doesn't have to be a contest, but maybe like just a challenge or something... but like a challenge where hubbers try to get all their hubs above a hubscore of X. Like a prizeless challenge or a "most improved" challenge. Something like that idk.

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 5 years ago

What exactly are you trying to say?

3. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Just a way for us hubbers to have a bit of motivation to polish up older, less shiny hubs. It's always fun, for me, to challenge myself. I think this would be fun as hubbers could track their own personal status in raising their own hubs scores. I actually sort of drew this idea from another hubber who talks about his/her own personal goal of raising their author score... and they share a bit of information on their journey.

I know, I have some hubs that could use a big of work and I think a challenge like this would be a great reason to do some housekeeping. Also, other hubbers doing housekeeping may find it enjoyable to see their own stats improve. I think it's a win for everyone, including hubpages.

4. theherbivorehippi profile image83
    theherbivorehippiposted 5 years ago

I don't understand...you need a contest to polish up your own work? Why not just do it because it needs to be done and it will benefit you?

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not to mention the fact that nobody (apart from the staff at HP) know how the hubscore thing is actually calculated - I mean, obviously it's influenced by traffic, but what else goes into it?

On that note, trying to improve your hubs' traffic is a more transparent (for want of a better word) goal. But yeah, you hardly need a contest to do that.

5. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Hubscore is one of the most meaningless concepts I have encountered ever. My hubs all cycle constantly through a spectrum of scores from a low of about 70 to a high of about 97 and back again. The score does not relate to which hubs have been most recently viewed, nor to the daily, weekly, monthly or total number of views, nor to the topic of the hub. I no longer take any notice of it, as it does not provide any useful information whatsoever.

6. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Adding to my comment above, if I was given a list of definite actions to take per hub, which would result in them having dramatically higher earnings, I would then be motivated to "improve" them in that way. Why otherwise should I spend time on this for the sake of the few pennies that I am receiving from my hubs currently?

7. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

We could a 30 day challenge.  Can you delete all your pages and republish them elsewhere within 30 days?

I'm just joking of course.