jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Earnings

1. Mr_Clark profile image60
    Mr_Clarkposted 5 years ago

How do the add links work with generating revenues on different hubs? Do I have to go back and edit the information for every hub I publish, or does the information connect somehow?

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

If you means suggested links, these tend to go to other hubs than your own and will not help with traffic or revenue.

Concerning links between your own hubs, these should be related to one another, and there are different ways to accomplish it. A textual link or link capsule will need to be manually updated to add links to new hubs. The Groups feature makes it quick to add new hubs to an existing group. A custom RSS feed automates the process, as long as you consistently use the same tag in all related hubs.

3. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Links to others hub does not generate income for you... I hope I have understood your question right.. your hubs can be linked together but that has no connection with revenue either.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Interlinking one's own related hubs may increase traffic, and thus revenue. But in practice, it requires substantial traffic to really generate income even to the primary hub, and all the more so for the second tier traffic.

1. sofs profile image88
        sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It is a possibility WE, the reader may or may not choose to click on those links.. what I meant was it is not directly related to revenue.
        I guess the Op is about revenue and  linking, I am not so sure what he wants to know either.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would disagree that interlinking your own hubs has no connection with revenue.

IF you can read your readers mind and know what they are interested in, and IF you provide a link to your hub that piques their interest, the MAY visit that hub and MAY click an ad.

I have several hubs that are of similar topics and all linked together with both textual links and RSS feeds.  Those hubs often show visits from the other hubs on the same general topic, and that in turn generates income.

4. Mr_Clark profile image60

I guess what I am trying to figure out is whether or not I have to go through setting up the HubPages Ad, Amazon, and AdSense accounts each and every time I create a new hub.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mr. Clark, AdSense and HubPages ads are automatically configured for each and all of your hubs once you have enrolled and activated the accounts. Amazon, you need to become an affiliate, activate your account, and then insert Amazon capsules into every hub where you want to display those ads.

1. Mr_Clark profile image60
        Mr_Clarkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My next question is: What address should I put in when I have set up my Google AdSense account. Do I put in my profile address? Or do I put in the actual url for the article? I think this is what I had originally meant to ask.

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

That has to be your HubPages profile address:

http://hubpages.com/profile/Mr_Clark

I recommend you take the time to study the Learning Center, see the link at the bottom of this page.

6. Mr_Clark profile image60

When I applied for the AsSense account it denied me and said I need to post a snippet on another page stating: "This post confirms my ownership of the site and that this site adheres to Google AdSense program policies and Terms and Conditions: ca-pub-102634922152021."

Does everyone do this?

7. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I have never had that, but why not do it if that is what they want? Just add it to your profile.

working