jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

How to republish hub wrongfully unpublished for inaccurate reasons

1. Greg Sage profile image60
    Greg Sageposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub about MLM.  I mean ABOUT MLM... not promoting it in any way.  I am not a network marketer, and there are zero links.  I am selling nothing.

I do, however, have a tremendous amount of experience in the field, and some truly valuable insights.  My hub was exceptionally well written, and extensively researched.

A fairly long piece delving into the life and times of Charles Ponzi, I drew multiple parallels between his infamous doings, and modern MLM in order to help people to understand whether the company they are in or are thinking about joining has core business principles that are sound and follow not just the letter, but the spirit of the law.

It is a cautionary tale designed purlely to HELP people with zero financial incentive directly or indirectly.

I have read many hundreds of pieces on the subject, and I have an extensive writing background.  It was and is, quite frankly, one of the most thoughtful and well-written pieces on the subject I have ever seen.  I spent quite a while working on it to make it so.

This morning, I see it was deleted for "substandard writing quality" or some such nonsense.  I do not believe for a second that any human being read the piece and deemed the writing to be substandard.

It had received an automatic warning previous to publishing about MLM content.  I asked on the forum what to do BEFORE publishing it.  I was told not to worry, that people have published many such pieces without issue.  I did something about it anyway.  I emailed the staff, gave them the link, and carefully pointed out that it is an exhaustively researched cautionary tale with ZERO links, and zero ties to any company.

So... now deleted for "substandard" writing.  First of all, this is dishonest.  It most certainly was NOT deleted for substandard writing.  Secondly, if an email to the staff pointing them directly to it and showing ZERO financial incentive doesn't get throgh to them that it's not spam, then what does?

There is nothing to improve about the quality of content before republishing, so that entire concept is fallacious.  What should I do here?

2. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

i don't think you have any choice other than to e mail the team and ask in what respect it is substandard writing- await your response and take it from there

Greg Sageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know why I find this so upsetting.  I guess I just do.  I mean, I get it... they have lots of stuff to go through, and probably gave it a 3 second glance, and put it in the auto reject pile for topic.

I guess it's the dishonesty that pisses me off.  Say you didn't really read it, but tossed it aside for topic.  Don't pretend it was reviewed and rejected for quality of writing.

Last time, I had to leave HP to open my email to email them since they seem to have purposefully made it impossible to contact them via HP.  Am I missing an internal point of contact somewhere?  Should it be addressed to anyone more specific than team at...

1. CASE1WORKER profile image86
        CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it may have been an automated response.
        I can understand how you feel, especially when they dont reply quickly, often that is because of the sheer volume of work.
        The problem is that the particular category in which you write is a target for spam etc and low quality articles and they are quite wary of anything new written in that area.
        I would wait, pure and simple  and see what happens,......Give it a week, if no reply then raise hell!

Greg Sageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

so... contact again via outside email?

I get the spam thing.  I do.  If I hadn't really put a solid effort into writing something truly valuable, it probably wouldn't bother me.  When I was done, I decided to not even put any amazon book links or anything to make it crystal clear to anyone that I have zero financial motive.

1. WriteAngled profile image91
            WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps you should look at republishing the content on another article site which is run by human beings not robots?

xobba.com, excerptz.com and thisisfreelance.com are all sites set up by respected hubbers (Sunforged, Ryankett and Thisisoli, respectively). All offer revenue sharing.

Why not contact one of them to ask whether your material would be welcome. I'm fairly sure any of them would be glad to feature it.