jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Adsense Accoount Disabled

1. ianjonas profile image82
    ianjonasposted 5 years ago

Hi, my adsense account was disabled recently because of click bomb attacks, does anyone know how this could happen?

And another question, can I use another adsense account and associate it with my Hubpages account so that I can continue to earn with my published hubs?

Thanks for your valuable comments.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

From all reports all you will be able to do is appeal to adsense to get your account reinstated.  If you have not been clicking your own ads, they might do it.

Adsense will not open another account with you.  If they refuse to re-open the one you have, I fear you are out of luck.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you saw click bomb attacks happening, you should have been pro-active and contacted adsense BEFORE they disabled your account.

Sorry to hear this has happened. As far as I know you are only allowed ONE adsense account, and when it is gone, it is gone.

You could try contacting adsense and protesting your innocence (they must have thought the clicks either came from you, or from someone you know) but I wouldn't hold my breath on your appeal being successful.

1. ianjonas profile image82
        ianjonasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks wilderness and IzzyM, I did contact adsense about the click bomb attacks i received from my blogs (not here in HP), and after 6 days of informing them, still they disabled my account.

As an alternative, can I use my friend's active adsense account for my HP account?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Wouldn't suggest it, especially if you are trying to show adsense what a fine upstanding user of their product your are.

2. IzzyM profile image85
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's scary if they disabled you after you informed them. This is what I hate about adsense. Basically anyone can get someone else's account disabled just by repeatedly clicking on their ads, although if they themselves have an adsense account, they would probably lose it - but spammers who have already lost their accounts have nothing to lose.

If you have gone through al the avenues to get your account back, and failed, I see no reason not to use a friend or neighbor's account here, though I'm not sure that would work for HP ads. But I'm not an expert in those matters to be honest.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I think it's important to go slow on this and get as much information as possible before taking any steps that could be irreversible, that could ruin any future chances of getting an account, or that could affect your friend's Adsense account.  Get more information.

At the very least, read thorugh all of the forum posts on this subject (run a search using the title of this thread).  There may be some experiences that others have shared that can help you in this situation.