jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Ads disabled.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

I'm just writing a hub about low fat ice cream and have received a warning stating that ads have been disabled. There is no sensitive or promotional content so I'm baffled as to what the reason can be.Can anybody advise as to what they think the problem may be?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I believe that weight-loss advice is considered suspect. The reason is the large volume of poor quality content in that area.

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Hollie, I was looking at another hub of your on a similar subject and noticed that your hubs are very short ...you may run into problems because of that too. This has no connection with the ads disabled status.. but I thought I would let you know.

4. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

Website examiner, is it likely that once the hub is reviewed, providing that the content is useful, clearly written and suitable for publication, the ads will then be enabled? I do agree sofs that the last couple of hubs have been less than 450 words but they were quick and easy recipes. To add additional wordage would have just created lots of filler content. I'm also wondering if perhaps including alcohol in the recipe may be considered a breech of TOS?

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The AdSense TOS speak about sale of alcohol. However, since ads disabling may be the result of automated filters, the hub could have been "misunderstood." Definitely worthwhile to contact the team@hubpages.com.

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ … W8Nhs2NKhQ

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I will, thanks for answering.

working