jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

I would like some feedback on one of my hubs

1. aw1219 profile image61
    aw1219posted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub about video games and I would like to know how I can improve it.  Thank you in advance.  My hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Video-games-and-their-addiction

2. megmccormick profile image80
    megmccormickposted 5 years ago

Hi KY,

OK here's my Feedback, since you asked.

1. Your Title could be more keyword specific like:

3 Signs You May Be Addicted To Video Games or

Video Game Addiction How To Tell If You're Addicted

2. Your intro is very long and you don't even start talking about video game addiction until well into the Hub.  You should start right out by talking about video addiction.  The entire intro is like a plug for video games and why they're so great...which is confusing given your topic.

3. Use more capsules... Instead of just asking those questions add a Poll capsule.  Add a Link Capsule with links to resources for video game addiction.  Add some videos about video game addiction etc...

4. Your Amazon products probably shouldn't be video games...again it doesn't flow with your topic...instead promote books on recovering from video addiction. 

That's just some feedback for you.

meg

aw1219posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much.  Very valuable information that I will try to apply.  Still learning.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

IMHO it seems like a disorganized stream of consciousness exercise.  What would the readers really get from this?

aw1219posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess it is just a topic for discussion that you would put out on the table like they do on the View or The Talk to get people thinking.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

That works better in a forum than as a hub.  Generally people come to a hub to get an answer or a provocative new angle.

working