jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

How do I continue numbering a list broken across two text capsules?

1. alocsin profile image82
    alocsinposted 5 years ago

How do I continue numbering a list broken across two text capsules? (I'm using a picture in between the list.)

Apparently, it doesn't accept the value HTML tag, which is how I normally would do it.

1. Hugh Williamson profile image87
      Hugh Williamsonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe instead of auto-numbering you could include your numbers as a part of the text?

Or did I misunderstand the ques.

1. alocsin profile image82
        alocsinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, you have the question correct Hugh. The issue with just including numbers as part of the text is the paragraphs have left numbers that are uneven with the line containing the number. Auto numbering solves that.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You may be able to use an HTML editor to created the numbered list for you, with proper formatting.

2. classicalgeek profile image88
      classicalgeekposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would post this in the Suggestions forum that authors be allowed to use the value tag. I have hubs that would benefit from it, too, as they tend to be complicated "how-to" hubs and I like to give the reader a break between sections, as well as taking some time to explain what is going to happen next! There are other places where having certain tags would be of great help.

working