jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

No more duplicate content notification by HP?

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

Clearly I'm missing something...there used to be a symbol that got attached to a Hub in the "my account" list when that Hub was duplicated on the Web. But now I don't see that icon referenced in the legend for the "my account" page.

So, HP no longer scans for duplicate content?

I haven't been too active lately, so I must have missed this change. Can anybody point me to info about this change?

Thanks. smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There is still a tab for that:

http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/copied

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Might be a tab for it but it still isn't working. Hasn't notified me of any new copied hubs since February, and I still have the C symbol on hubs which have had the copy taken down months ago.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's always been a bit iffy - if you were a member of HubDefender you'll know there's a lot more duplicates out there than the HP filter ever found.

It is still working though - I got a little red C sign just the other week.

1. IzzyM profile image86

That's good to know. Thanks, Marisa!

3. Sally's Trove profile image99
    Sally's Troveposted 5 years ago

Aha! You can see I haven't been paying attention to all the changes going on at HP. Thanks!

4. profile image0
    Valemanposted 5 years ago

Yes it still exists, I have had notification that most of the hubs I have tried to publish are duplicates.  The problem is, I have the same articles on sites where there is no possibility of deleting them.  So, none of my writings can be published, and I have to feel inspired to write new ones.

1. IzzyM profile image86

No that would be a different warning Valeman - duplicate content. That is when you try to publish something that is already on the web.

The copyright warning refers to someone copying your original hub and pasting it somewhere online. You then see a ©  on the hub in question under stats.

5. profile image0
    Valemanposted 5 years ago

It is strange that when I post hubs, which are considered duplicates, the response is immediate, and my hub is removed.  Yet when I re-write a hub and re-submit it, I have to wait days before any response.  I have had one hub declared a duplicate, which I don't have on any other site.  I can only guess that it is because I have had it on this site previously, before deleting my account and opening a new one.  Quite frustrating!

1. profile image0
      Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

welcome to hubpages

working