jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

HubPages stats

1. William F. Torpey profile image81
    William F. Torpeyposted 6 years ago

When I look at HubPages stats and click on Keywords why does it sometimes say "no search terms found." On other hubs there are several search terms. In case you need the title of the hub, it's "Surviving the Death of a Spouse."

2. Aficionada profile image90
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

When you click on the Keywords tab, the terms that show up (when they do) are keywords/phrases that people have actually used as search terms on their way to that specific Hub - in the past 30 days.

If no keywords show up, then either the Hub hasn't been visited at all in the past 30 days, or it was not found through a search in the past 30 days.  Maybe people did read it - by Hub-Hopping, or because you recommended it to your friends, or someone saw it listed on the home page, etc.

Does that clarify things?

William F. Torpeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It sure does. Thanks a lot, Aficionada.

1. Aficionada profile image90
        Aficionadaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're very welcome!  smile

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Actually, all my hubs are saying no search terms found. Another hubber pointed it out to me yesterday. A glitch?

I just now looked at my most-searched hub and it too showed no search terms.  I believe you are correct, Izzy; apparently there is a search-term blackout operating now!  aka a glitch - thanks for the info. 

I hope WFT checks back about this.  It could be very discouraging for him, if he only read my general information and didn't know about the current problem!

4. Aficionada profile image90
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

PS - Has the staff been alerted to this yet?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well no I didn't mention it on the forums at all. I assume they knew - it'll be something they are working on likely.

You are probably right about that, but I think I'll open a thread to mention it, just in case it's a glitch they haven't learned about yet.  That does sometimes happen.

William F. Torpeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I just checked back (I've been out of town.)  Thanks, again, Afficionada.

5. Edwin Clark profile image81
    Edwin Clarkposted 6 years ago

I'm having the same problem too.

6. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Problem reported several days ago but not fixed...

Now also a problem with the sources of traffic, only shows one source for a hub when you check the stats ie. Google.com or Hubpages.com etc. This problem also reported

- will the staff take any action or feedback though - I have noticed a distinct lack of feedback on problems lately, not even a "we're working on it."

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wouldn't it be great to have someone at HP who answered this stuff without us having to wonder what's going on?  Wish in one hand and s#!T in the other! smile

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
    PaulGoodman67posted 6 years ago

Be fair folks, HP are carrying out a big and complex experiment with the subdomains, if our views (and earnings) get boosted as a result then I can live with a few glitches!  :-)

1. brakel2 profile image86
      brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like your positive attitude.

2. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I suppose you're right, Paul.  It would take too much time to post "It's a glitch folks" on the forums.  smile

working