jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

second hubpages account referral link

1. topquark profile image84
    topquarkposted 5 years ago

I'm considering setting up a second hubpages account.  I want to start writing hubs on various topics and products, but would like keep my current account focussed only on science hubs, as a sort of showcase of my science writing to show to colleagues etc.

1) Is it okay to set up a second account, and can I set it up to pay out to the same paypal email address?
    2) Can I sign up through one of my own referral links? (so that the first account gets a slice of the revenue of the second)  this seems a bit cheeky, but I can't find any rules saying I can't do it.

If anyone can point me to an official answer for either of these, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

topquark

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Although you can setup for adsense and amazon to pay into one account, and can use the same paypal account for both HP accounts for HPads, each account will have to make the $50 HPads payout on its own.  That is, if each account earns $30 you will not receive payment the next month - at least one HP account will have to reach $50 to get paid.

topquarkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I understand that.  Do earnings expire if I take too long to reach $50?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not as far as I know.  I use a second account, still new, that I haven't engaged HPads on yet simply because it would take a year or more to get that $50.  It isn't worth it to me to cut the adsense it gets.  When (if) it starts getting some decent traffic I'll consider HPads.

2. HubPages profile image
      HubPagesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Topquark,  You are more than welcome to open multiple HubPages accounts and your reasoning seems like a good one.  However, a couple things to think about.  The first, as wilderness expressed, is reaching the payout for HP Ads will take longer.  This will not have an effect on your adsense account - it is all in one pot.  The second thing to think about is your followers.  Your followers receive a notification when you publish.  If you have multiple accounts, you are dividing up your followers and possibly your community traffic.  While this might not make much of a difference in your revenue, it does have an effect on your comments and HubPages readership.  As for your second question, Website Examiner is correct.  You can not refer yourself to HubPages.  big_smile  Best of luck to you.  It looks like you've made a great start here at HubPages in four months!

thanks!

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

I can answer #2: Self-referrals are prohibited according to the HubPages TOS.

Ah, thanks for that.  I thought they might be but wasn't sure.  I won't do that then!

working