jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

SOB! Hubpages is again not saving work and will not publish

1. perrya profile image80
    perryaposted 5 years ago

You know, this REALLY pisses me off! To waste a considerable amount of time writing a piece and then going to publish and the SOB thing darkens, the text box, goes unaligned and it refuses to publish. Worse is the fact the work is not saved. WTF is wrong!!!!? Can It stablize this code or platform? It was fixed and now this shit is happening again!!!

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I know what a pain that can be! the best thing to do is just write it all out on your 'notpad' or another place that you can save it, then at least you won't lose it, better than nothing, and trust me when I say, I know! lol good luck, oh and just keep signing out, then signing back in, sometimes that will do it.

(Hi, Cagsil, seems that you have become famous!lol)

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't go that far, but HI! smile

2. JamaGenee profile image87
      JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's not just the editing capsules.  One night I commented on a bunch of hubs by different writers but didn't realize they weren't "sticking" when I hit "Submit".  They were just gone.  Poof! No record of where I'd been, let alone what I said so that I could re-post. Very irritating.  These random glitches need to be fixed ASAP!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
        Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought that had happened to me, but the comments eventually showed up.
        I think it happens when people want to review comments before approving-- but something else could be happening, also.

1. JamaGenee profile image87
          JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought it might've been the waiting for moderation thing, but "Comments You Made" in "My Account" showed NO activity for that period.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89

SOB?
      Well I wasn't sure when I saw those letters on my father's medical report.
      Actually I thought it was rather rude at first, but found out it meant Shortness Of Breath.

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Yo dude, relax. Problems do occur with software from time to time. Hubpages' text capsules do autosave on their own. You have to retrieve it.

If you are having problems with the new text capsule, then I suggest you find out where the problem arises from- (a)cache? (b)browser needs to be updated? or (c)glitch in Hubpages' software.

If you are using IE(latest version) or Firefox or Chrome, and continue to run into problems, then contact Team@Hubpages.com will the errors or problem.

3. Richieb799 profile image63
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

To be fair, work not saving is not a problem I've ever had here, whereas it does occur at other websites. Occasionally I have problems uploading pictures but I can live with that smile

4. Mikeydoes profile image79
    Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago

I've never had a problem.. I use Google Chrome and it works great. Not sure if that would help, but it is worth a try.

5. profile image0
    Valemanposted 5 years ago

I would never write a hub directly on here, in case it was lost.  I write in Word, and then copy and paste it.  That way, your work is saved.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89

I don't use Word, but I usually use a text document so I can save my work in a personal file.
      I know it is tempting to write directly in the HP capsules, and might seem easier.  It may depend on how much you value your own  work.
      Even if it seems to be an off-the-cuff inspiration, it might be more valuable than you think, at first.  Write your draft, at least, then paste it in.

working