jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Hub Votes

1. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

The up/down votes on my computer are visible after a choice has been made until the next. Over time I've noticed an entire category voted down in a very short period of time. Today all 6 or 7 hubs in the history category were voted down within minutes. How should a hubber handle this situation that apparently isn't going to end?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image87
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How can you tell that they are being voted down?

1. Alastar Packer profile image83
        Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In the case with down votes the red image stays depressed Susan. If this were to happen with a hub or two fine, but when its been going on for awhile and you have say 6 hubs in the same category voted down very quickly, that tells you something smells rotten in Denmark.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Hey Alastar,

The voting up and down mechanism is just a part of the process, which is known to be Hubscore and Authorscore. There are plenty of other factors that are weighed on also.

Having a category or even an individual hub voted up or down, is to be worried about. The votes themselves are minor and has been stated by HP Staff on previous occasions.

Hope that helps.

1. Greg Sage profile image59
      Greg Sageposted 5 years ago in reply to this

So maybe I'm wasting time pleading like a streetcorner hobo for vote ups...

Is there any action on the part of readers that is more useful?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sharing to Twitter or Facebook is way more useful than Votes.  But I have yet to see a marked increase in hits even when I do get shared.  And the social networkers just come, read and go.  They aren't buying, at least not from me.

The only 'useful' hub score is 100 which gets you on the top pages for a while and atracts a bit more attention from the Hub crowd.  Alternatively lots of comments and acitivty will get you into the Hot Hubs section for a while.

But again, this is Hub traffic mainly, and they don't click or buy stuff.

All good for ego, and encouragement when writing so important but... the money game is in Search traffic.

I haven't cracked that either.

Sorry, went on a bit.

3. My Stories profile image59
    My Storiesposted 5 years ago

I am going to go back to my hubs and try and see what you see.  I don't see anything.  I see the arrows for the traffic flow, but that is all.

4. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Yes it does Cagsil  thank you. Water will find it's own level so to speak but the maliciousness of it is becoming irksome and if there's a next time HP staff will get an e-mail on it. Oh, its great to have you back Cags, don't know what you've got until its gone.smile