jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (22 posts)

I've Just ...... turned off the Hubpages ad program ... shhhhh

1. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 5 years ago

So, I expected a lot of the Hubpages ad program, but I think I'm disappointed -v- what I think I could get from Google.... so switching it off for 2-4 weeks to try to do some comparisons.

Anybody else done that? Anybody got their stats?

I think I've done the right thing, but I do hate making decisions smile

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've just turned mine off again too. Last time I tried it, there wasn't a lot of difference money-wise. HPads had the edge, but I missed the excitement of checking my stats.

Recently HPads has had a lot of problems with late reporting, plus my CPM seems to be way down.

Time to give adsense another chance.

2. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

My mathematical expertise indicates that $0.00 = $0.00

So no change either way

3. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I turned mine off Sunday, and my Adsense improved and better than HP Ads.  BUT.  My traffic is very low, an occasional click is a big deal for me.  So not very scientific.

earnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My CPM is looking much better so far; but yeah, need more traffic.

4. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

its gone so low, i guess they are not attracting the same ads they used to!

1. IzzyM profile image86

Yes but it could be seasonal too. I dunno, I hope its nothing to do with the HP slide sad

5. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

IDK but i am thinking I will turn mine off too......

6. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 5 years ago

I did turn it off for a month.  Adsense picked right back up.  I did turn it back on for another trial run since it has been awhile since Panda.  Can't say I'm doing great on either Adsense or HP sad

1. IzzyM profile image86

7. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 5 years ago

OK, so it's not just me then.

I figure I'll compare the CPM figures in a week or two.  Thing is, HPAds are in $$ and I have my Adsense set to ££.

But if they're way different then it'll show up.

*fingers crossed*

Panda 2.2 should put Hubs back in the game again .... I know because I hubbed about it last week ... and so I am therefore an expert.

8. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 5 years ago

It's 2 days in ... figures look about the same, but it's too early to say really.

But - I DO love seeing exactly which hubs made me the cash.  This is essential in helping to work out what to write about and what to promote.

It'd be nice if we could turn on the ad program on a "hub by hub basis"... as there are some with high traffic and no income, and a few with low traffic and high income.

*taps fingers*

Just got to let it run a month or so before I can really tell I guess.

I hate decisions.

9. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

I have never turned it on and I do not plan on it.

10. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

I did a bit of experimentation during May and the first part of June and found that earnings with HP Ads switched on and Adsense were about 10% better than Adsense alone.

The HP Ads CPM did seem to be hitting the floor a couple of weeks ago, but is beginning to recover, so for now I'm going to stick with the Ad program.

I may do another test if I can get my views up considerably.

11. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

Uh.. so is saying "yes" to that offer when it came out why my adsense died? lol. I'm doing okay with HP ads, but it's about 20% less than Adsense.

Should I have read something or something? lol

12. wheelinallover profile image81
    wheelinalloverposted 5 years ago

For people like me, HP ads are doing great. I have only had about 300 hits from outside hubpages. The downside is adsense flatlined. I have money in the adsense account but not enough to "pull a paycheck" so have been trying to find a way to use it somewhere else.

I have a feeling I need search engine optimization training. LOL It seems my idea of using words I would search doesn't work as well as it should.

I even wrote a hub to title tuner specifications and it didn't do well at all. What I mean by this is I took the search words someone had used to find my hub and wrote another hub titled with exactly those words.

Since my writing isn't about money this really doesn't matter. As long as at least one person "gets" what I am trying to say its worth it.

13. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 5 years ago

I wonder why they don't try Chitika.

14. Angie Jardine profile image90
    Angie Jardineposted 5 years ago

Who - or what - is Chikita? She sounds sultry and Russian ...

15. Angie Jardine profile image90
    Angie Jardineposted 5 years ago

Durr! Sorry - reread it and it says Chitika not Chikita ...  :-/

earnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

LOL... an easy mistake to make.... if you have a smutty mind smile

The Ads Program requires somebody to have an active Adsense account already, thereby excluding a lot of new people, or dissuading them.  Chitika would help those - and, for some niches, could be more lucrative.

Mind you, that's not the only other choice/option.  Adsense does, for most, pay most, but they could have run the ad program as an extra thing, with an extra box maybe. 

I guess Yield Manager (are they still using that?) would have swayed their decision as to what to do I guess though.

16. DIYweddingplanner profile image91
    DIYweddingplannerposted 5 years ago

I turned them off a month ago and AdSense immediately kicked back in.  It seems they cancel each other out.  If I have HP activated, I make no AdSense money.  If I have HP off, of course, I make no money from HP.  The money seemed to be equal, so I'm staying with AdSense for now and working on my niche, because I think that will be my ticket to be recognized well enough by Google.

17. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 5 years ago

I'm done with my experiments for now. One month on, one month off is what i tried.

When HP ads was on, my adsense was the pits. Missed payout for the first time in over a year. And the HP ads revenue wasn't anything to write home about either.

As soon as i turned it off watching the month closely, my adsense started to rise gradually. No more pennies a day. And i'm pleased with what i'm seeing.

I haven't looked back since.