Unpublished Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    cookingdivaposted 12 years ago

I have a hub that has been published for months, and had many views and comments. I recently was told by HP, that it had a broken link, so I fixed the link. Now the hub is in "submitted" section for 2 days and still pending.

Is this normal now to make any minor changes such as broken link to have your popular hub be unpublished for days before it approved?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your Hub would not be unpublished just because of a broken link. Are you sure there wasn't something else wrong with it?

1. profile image0
        cookingdivaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, nothing else was wrong, I am 100% sure. I took out the link and it had to be resubmitted as I think now all edited hubs has to go through approval but 2-3 days and it is still in pending mode.

2. profile image0

I send an email to Jason and still after days both hubs are in pending status! Are moderator so busy now a days?

Jason is not a moderator, he can't help you.  The correct email is team@hubpages.

2. iamsergell profile image60
        iamsergellposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cookingdiva, you can go here to send them your querries.. big_smile

http://hubpages.com/contact_us/

1. profile image0

Marisa and imasergell,

Thanks will do that. HP folks are quite busy lately.

3. hotwebideas profile image64
      hotwebideasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cooking Diva, other than an a broken link, were there other explanations by HP?  A broken link is a warning other than an action to unpublish your hubs.

1. profile image0

hotwebideas,

Nope, no other warnings.

2. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years ago

I had a broken link only yesterday, I fixed the error but the hub wasn't unpublished. As Marissa said there maybe something else wrong.
    Now you have raised this in the forums Jason may see it and let you know the real reason. They don't normally unpublish hubs for broken links. How many links do you have in this hub, have you fixed the right one? You could try emailing them, but they are busy, have the advertisements been removed?

1. profile image0

Brian,

I usually do not have an problem with minor fixes, this is first for me. I have only one outgoing link to my blog, rest are HP links.

No ads have not been removed as far as I know.

3. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Hiya cookingdiva, I also have had lots of broken links in my hubs, but the hubs were not unpublished.. just asked me to fix them, and when I did, the hubs were ok.  If your hub was unpublished because of a broken link, it must be mistake.  Go email HP and ask the moderators what was wrong with your hub.  Also, if your hub was unpublished, HP should have emailed you why it was unpublished in the first place.  Good luck and let us know what happens.

1. profile image0

Rosie,

This is first for me otherwise I never had an issue before too. So far, it is still unresolved. Will keep you posted.

4. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

We don't moderate Hubs for broken links.

cookingdiva: I would follow others' advice here and reread the emails that were sent to you. I can't help you on the Kate and William Hub because it looks like you've deleted it.

1. profile image0

all,

Yes, I never had problem with broken links or minor fixes before, published hubs were all stayed published. This is first time so I asked, if there were any new changes that I did not know about.

Jason,

It is not Kate and William hub.  It is learning about cookware brands. It had only broken link, and I fixed it. I have fixed broken links before and hubs were okay but not this time.

I have 2 hubs pending right now for days. (both for different reasons, I added a bulk of new writing on other one)

Cookingdiva, there are two options:  either you're missing something, or the moderator made a mistake.  As Jason says, a broken link is not a valid reason to unpublish a Hub.  A prohibited link is.

Did you get an email notifying you about the Hub being unpublished?  Can you quote what it said for us?

Is the black warning still visible on the Hub?  What does it say?  Are there any links you can click on for further information?

If you've checked all that and there's definitely nothing else mentioned, then send an email to team@hubpages, because it's a moderator mistake and they need to look at it.

1. profile image0

I never got an email from HP about broken link, I saw that when I logged in my account and only thing I did is fix that link and clicked "done editing". That is all. I have done that in past without no issues, I am not sure this time.

There were no other warning and it has been pending for 3 days and other hub which I added new text (only text, no links) is pending for over a week.

This simply does not make sense. I have been trying to follow rules but this is very annoying to say the least.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes more sense now.  This is a totally different situation.

Your Hub wasn't unpublished by a moderator.  What has happened is that you've fixed a broken link and clicked "done editing", and instead of saving as normal, it's been automatically unpublished.

Did you get any kind of message when you clicked "done editing"? 

As Misty said, if that Hub ever had warnings on it before (for prohibited links, too many Amazon ads etc), then it may have had a flag added - which means every time you make even a tiny change, it has to go through the submission process again.

It sounds very much like that is what has happened to your Hub.  I assume you've already emailed team@HubPages to ask them to look into it?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
            psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The problem is not a broken link.  If you didn't get an email about what the problem is and why your hubs are being moderated before publication, well then you need to contact support and ask them to send it again.

5. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

An unpublished hub does remain pending for a few days.  I had one unpublished for duplication.  So, I re-wrote it and re-submitted days ago, and it is still pending.

1. profile image0

Valeman,

That is really bummer, I know the feeling.

6. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

If the hub has ever been penalised or unpublished in the past, then republished after edits, any further edits can result in the hub being unpublished until it is reviewed manually.

I may be missing something here, but I have seen this happen to others in the past (it may even have happened to me on one or two occasions, but I am not certain).

I must agree that from what you say in this thread it sounds like a newbie moderator's mistake though smile

1. profile image0

Misty,

Thank you for seeing both side. Like I said I found broken link issue when I logged in to "my account" section. No email was sent and there has been no other notes/warning.

Possibility of moderator mistake seems likely right now. I hope to get this resolved soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)