jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Banned from Xomba

1. Ms Chievous profile image80
    Ms Chievousposted 5 years ago

Yep.. after book marking two of my articles last night I received an email stating I was banned from Xomba.  No explanation, no recourse to even find out what I did wrong...I have been on that site for over a year at least. ( and bookmarked plenty)  I noticed when I went on last night the format was all new.  Don't know if there were some new rules to go with it...

anyone else have this problem?? any idea what i did wrong?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep happened to me early in the year, they have made it more difficult to leave links back to your work here at Hp's. I even went through my articles on there and removed the links but my ban stayed and has never been lifted. Not been back since. My advice is just move on, plenty of other sites to work with.

2. AliciaC profile image97
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

Xomba has changed its format and its rules. We’re no longer allowed to link to our own work, and every submission has to be about news or the writer’s personal opinion or experience. I’m very surprised that they banned you without warning – I would have thought that they’d give people a chance to discover the new rules first, since they haven’t been in operation very long!

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Happened to me too round about the start of the New year, but they allowed me back after I emailed them and changed all the hub summaries I'd put up in December.

Then they changed the rules again and no longer allowed backlinking, so I gave up.

1. Richieb799 profile image66
      Richieb799posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Exact same story here, although I gave up because I never really liked all the characters and colour scheme, just didn't seem like a professional directory or resource to me hmm

4. Flavie Lolol profile image81
    Flavie Lololposted 5 years ago

That site you’ve mentioned is one of those sites that will ban your account over petty issues. If you do not want to waste your work that have taken you several years to write, keep away from that site. Read this forum post before making your decision to write again for that site.

5. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Yep, same here! miserable load of bleeps! lol I had only just started on there, luckily, and they did the same to me, well, nearly the same, I went over to look at my work, and it was gone! No links, blah blah blah, boring site anyway! that's why I stick to Hubs, nice people and great layout! tongue

6. Gordon Hamilton profile image97
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago

Me, too - a couple of months ago. When I got the e-mail telling me I was banned, I simply deleted it and forgot about the site until I read this post. I found it very user unfriendly and pretty much a waste of time.

7. Ms Chievous profile image80
    Ms Chievousposted 5 years ago

Good to know I am not alone!  Thanks all for your feedback!  The funny thing is that I am still getting followers ( notices are sent to my e-mail) even though I am banned...

8. Jason Oleinik profile image83
    Jason Oleinikposted 5 years ago

Just got a warning as well. I guess you can't use it for backlinks anymore hmm

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Xomba is no-follow, has been for a long time.